Share Big Dreams
At World Vision, we’re sharing a big dream for children. One that moves beyond just clean water or food or healthcare to offer a full solution to poverty. We want children to have everything they need to thrive, both physically and spiritually, so they can experience the kind of life God intends—life in all its fullness. We want the same for our fellows and staff: big dreams, a career of significance, and fullness of life. Share your skills and experience, so you can share a full life with children in need.
Throughout your 10 month fellowship, you will have the opportunity to gain knowledge and understanding of how a large non-profit functions. You will receive support and mentorship from World Vision management and team leaders. You will have the opportunity for networking and informational interviews with staff at all levels, which can possibly help you in determining future career paths. You will be part of a dynamic departmental team, attend appropriate departmental meetings, and other activities that will be enhancing our team capacity to better serve children worldwide!
As a World Vision Murdock Fellow, you will join the Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) Team and assist with projects like this…
- Coordination of technical working groups including our BabyWASH program
- Manage the Global GIS Well Reporting system
- Engage with partners, organizations and corporations around our WASH work and assist in facilitation of ongoing proposals
- Support Communication officers with proposals, donor offers and donor reports, review and compilation of field reports and data analysis
- Collaboration with team of WASH program officers to support global WASH portfolio
Please note – Applicants must be able to commit to 40 hrs. per week, for 10 MONTHS, or we will not be able to consider you for this role.
Because of the time commitment, this position will provide hourly pay at minimum wage.
- Required Skills
The Water and Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) team is looking for Fellows who have:
- Taken relevant courses in International Development, Global Studies, International Relations, Hydrology, engineering, communications or business
- An understanding or interest in development issues around water and/or strong program evaluation and analysis skills as well as grant writing, proposal development and communications
- Data Analysis skills, strong communication and organizational skills
- An interest in conducting research and writing literature reviews related to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
- Required Experience
- Available 40 hrs. a week, for 10 months
- College graduate, with preference for master’s students
- Global Studies, Hydrology or Water engineering coursework or experience
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including excel
- Persistent, proactive, adaptable and flexible
Water, Sanitation & Hygiene Fellow (10 months)
Washington, DC, US