The Consultant provides programmatic support for ISC international programs addressing the causes and effects of climate change in Asia. The Consultant supports the work of the international program team by coordinating the team’s work, ensuring that ISC’s projects and programs are successful and well managed. Working under the direction of the VP, International Programs, s/he is the primary liaison between the U.S. headquarters and International field offices, and is responsible for program implementation, support and oversight, communications, and financial management of those programs.
This is a full time, four month position providing coverage for a leave of absence starting August 1, 2018, and lasting through November 2018. Location is flexible, candidate can work from an ISC office or via a telecommuting arrangement.
Program implementation and technical support
- Provide technical support for implementation of programs that are working towards building sustainable and resilient manufacturing communities in India.
- Work closely with and manage relationship with major international donors and global brands at the forefront of ensuring transition towards sustainable development in India.
- Support a dynamic team of professionals in preparation of high quality work plans and budgets.
- Lead the preparation of high quality reports as required by ISC, donors, and others, and ensure that they are submitted on a timely basis.
- Track project implementation and monitor key project activities, milestones, and key indicators.
- Help identify, vet, develop relationships with, coordinate and supervise the work of consultants for implementation of ongoing programs.
- Facilitate the collection and dissemination of best practices and lessons learned for assigned programs.
- Work closely with the international staff to track program activities, challenges, and accomplishments.
- Provide Communications Director with timely, accurate information on programs as needed for ISC’s newsletter, marketing initiatives, and other collateral.
Finance and Operations
- Serve as primary liaison between Vermont office and international office(s). Transmit and direct requests related to administration, human resources, finance, etc. and ensure that these tasks/requests are completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Work with Human Resources and Program team to hire staff for assigned programs as needed.
- Work with Country Director/s and Finance and Operations Team to support their processes.
- Conduct research to support new program development. Provide input and support development of new program design.
- Work with Development team to enter contacts, meetings, and other interactions into Salesforce.
Other duties as may be assigned. .
Due to the short term nature of the position, we require a candidate that has:
- Relevant experience working on USAID-funded projects
- Short term consulting experience
- Five to seven years of relevant professional experience
- Graduate degree in international development, climate science, environmental sciences, water resource management, energy management or related discipline. International experience in one or more of the following preferred: urban development, climate change, energy efficiency, supply chain management, sustainable manufacturing
- Demonstrated strong writing and analytical skills
- Experience with relevant Indian or international donors or corporate partners
- Language and cultural experience in India
- Commitment to the ISC mission and goals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn quickly and proficiently manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- High attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong work ethic and personal integrity
- Ability to work effectively with diverse people from different communities and cultures
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively as a positive and contributing team member
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing program priorities
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office suite, Google platforms, and data systems
Office environment. Some domestic and international travel may be required. Weekly early morning or late evening calls required.
ISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Read this information carefully. Adhering to these instructions will ensure that your application is submitted as required for hiring committee review.
- A cover letter is required. Your cover letter should be no more than one (1) page in length.
- A resume is required. Your resume should be no more than three (3) pages in length and should include details about your relevant education, skills and experience as they relate to this role.
- Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will not be returning emails or phone calls inquiring about the status of an application. If the hiring committee selects your application for interview you will be contacted directly by a member of our team.