Within Shell Projects & Technology, the Safety and Environment (S&E) organization provides discipline and delivery leadership, and support to all Shell businesses. As part of the S&E organization, the Soil and Groundwater (SGW)Technology team develops, maintains, and provides the deep technical expertise and innovation the Shell businesses need to manage SGW risks. The team provides sustainable risk-based solutions for SGW issues (e.g. water resource management and contaminated land management) via technical assurance supported by world-class R&D and Advocacy, in partnership with the businesses and interfacing with environmental and business staff, external consultants, and regulators.
As an Engineer/Hydrogeologist, you will be working as part of a team that provides high-level strategic technical assurance on SGW Management Issues (e.g. water resource management, contaminated land management) to Shell Group companies. The work involves interfacing with Shell environmental and business staff, external consultants, and regulators. The assignment will periodically involve unique opportunities to work internationally on complex problems, with potential to broaden individual exposure and skill base.
Up to 30% of your time may require travel to deliver support.
This role requires deep SGW expertise and strong delivery capability.
Purpose and accountabilities include:
- Provide technical assessment and assurance for contaminated land management and/or water resource management projects;
- Ensure high quality delivery of technical aspects of a project by 3rd-party consultants;
- Develop affordable technically sound solutions to reduce SGW liabilities;
- Influence decision makers (e.g., regulators) to accept sustainable risk-based approaches.
In addition, this role may:
- contribute to/lead R&D to deliver leading-edge technology and contaminated land management approaches;
- contribute to regional Regulatory Advocacy activities/projects that are designed to maintain Shell’s strategic-leadership and/or trusted advisor status in contaminated site risk assessment and management;
- contribute to due diligence on Acquisitions & Divestments.