About the Company
The Murray–Darling Basin Authority (MDBA) is an independent government authority responsible for the planning and integrated management of the water resources of the Murray–Darling Basin. To do this effectively, the MDBA is committed to building awareness and understanding of the long-term benefits and desired outcomes of the Basin Plan.
To implement the Basin Plan effectively the MDBA enables a wide range of people to interact and inform with the organisation, and to be able to access and use information and resources.
Why work for us
You will play a critical part in achieving the MDBA’s objectives and ensure we continue to fulfill an important role leading the sustainable collective Basin-wide approach to planning and management of Basin water resources. We provide a rewarding and stimulating work environment that values and embraces efficient and innovative work practices. Stakeholder engagement is a critical element of our work.
About the Role
As a Regional Engagement Officer you will help boost the MDBA’s understanding of regional communities, and to assist communities to understand and respond to change brought about by implementation of the Basin Plan.
The MDBA recognises that communities across the Murray-Darling Basin are unique to each other and is committed to customising how they engage across each individual regional location.
These part-time officers offers a unique opportunity to provide the MDBA with insight into their community, suggest alternative methods, and where required, influence appropriate outcomes.
The role of a Regional Engagement Officer is to:
- To influence the MDBA’s engagement and communications approach
- To enhance the MDBA’s understanding of local communities
- To be a conduit for the exchange of information about the Basin Plan
- To help facilitate engagement activities, as required
We are seeking Regional Engagement Officers in the following regions. Officers can be located in any town in the region.
- Barwon Darling, NSW
- Goulburn Murray, VIC
- Lower Balonne, QLD
- Lower Darling, NSW
- Murraylands, SA
- Mid-Murray, NSW
- Mid- Murrumbidgee, NSW
- Namoi, NSW
As a Regional Engagement Officer you will work two to four days a week and will:
- work cooperatively as part of the Engagement Team to develop and implement an engagement strategy/plan that meets the communication and engagement needs of your local community
- monitor and understand community interests and needs, and provide timely and high-level on emerging issues pertaining to the implementation of the Basin Plan
- proactively engage with, and broker relationships with, a broad cross-section of regional stakeholders
- provide effective support, facilitation and coordination for MDBA colleagues when travelling to and within the broader region
- provide wider engagement support to the Partnerships Division, as required.
What you will need to succeed
- The successful Regional Engagement Officers will have:
- have a passion for their local community
- have excellent skills in networking, stakeholder engagement, communication and collaboration
- have the ambition and passion to help achieve the sustainable management of the Murray–Darling Basin
- have a strong understanding, or a genuine willingness to learn about water and natural resource management
- embody our values
- have a readiness to learn about and be supported by the Australian Commonwealth Government.
How to Apply
Before applying, please obtain the candidate application pack from Hays; please contact [email protected] under the Reference No. 2021335 to request the candidate application pack. If after reading the selection documentation, you require further information please contact Claire Anderson on 02 6112 7650.
Applications close midnight AEST Wednesday 25 April 2018.