EDF’s Ecosystems Program works with diverse partners to build resilient land and water systems that allow people and nature to prosper in a changing climate. The program has four goals:1) reverse habitat loss on working lands, 2) eliminate fertilizer pollution as a major agricultural problem, 3) rebalance water supply and demand in the American West and 4) restore coastal ecosystems.
The Communications Coordinator will support the activities of the Ecosystems communcations team and help further the objectives of the Ecosystems Program. The Communications Coordinator will maintain active digital and social media channels, prepare internal reports, assist in the development of media materials and implement efficient protocols for project tracking and scheduling. This position reports to the Senior Communications Manager, Ecosystems.
- Help to manage the program’s Growing Returns blog and produce regular performance reports using Google analytics and other tools
- Produce content and promotional materials for the program’s digital and social media channels
- Coordinate production of the program’s internal newsletter, monthly reports, video conferences and other events
- Maintain well-organized and accessible electronic files, including media lists, press clips, collateral, editorial calendars, etc.
- Track media coverage relevant to the Ecosystems Program and produce reports for team
- Help to create and distribute media materials under rigorous deadline pressure
- Attend internal and external meetings, and document and track key takeaways, next steps, and resource or research needs
- Conduct research as needed
- Administer and help draft contracts for consultants or other vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or marketing
- At least 3 years of work experience in fast-paced, detail-oriented environment, preferably in a marketing, communications, or issue advocacy context
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with social media tools and analytics
- Proficiency in Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), WordPress and media management programs such as Vocus
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and prioritize multiple tasks effectively under deadline pressure
- Strong research skills
- Basic graphic design and video editing experience preferred
- Interest in environmental advocacy is preferred
Location: Washington, D.C.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.