844 million people – about one in nine – lack access to safe water. 2.3 billion people don’t have access to a toilet. We are working every day to change this. We are Water.org. We’re here to bring water and sanitation to the world. We want to make it safe, accessible and cost-effective because we believe that water is the way to empowering a better life that we can all share in, worldwide. We are an international nonprofit organization based in Kansas City, Missouri that has positively transformed millions of lives around the world through access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, we have been pioneering market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis for more than 25 years, giving women hope, children health and communities a future.
The primary purpose of this role is to aid Finance in providing a guiding role for the Strategic Plan. To monitor the financial landscape, analyze forecast variances, help develop timely alternatives or recovery plans which would be undertaken in concert with other functions to ensure on-going progress towards on-time and on-budget progression of the Strategic Plan. They will provide analytical and financial support for new initiatives undertaken by the organization, while working to improve efficiency of general Finance operations.
This position will be based in Kansas City, MO (headquarters).
- Monitor progress towards achievement of Strategic Plan objectives by analyzing data, identifying trends, forecasting outcomes, and recommending alternative or recovery plans.
- Responsible for maintaining a deep awareness of how Water.org works and to help explore and drive to execution innovation ideas in support of the strategic mission.
- Consolidate, test and evaluate annual operating plans and ensure alignment of plans across departments and consistency with Strategic Plan.
- Improve efficiency of general Finance operations through a thorough understanding of existing systems or business processes. Determine and document process improvements or software changes to increase utilization and compliance.
- Anticipates business needs and develops analytical data to support decision making.
- Manages multiple and ad hoc requests in a timely manner.
- Acts in capacity of a “lead person.” Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction.
Skills and competencies
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Nimble Learning – Actively learning through experimentation when talking new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Self-development – Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using other formal and informal development channels.
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages Ambiguity – Manages ambiguity by operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Instills Trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Financial Stewardship – Demonstrates fiscally responsible decision making as applicable to one’s role.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6 years of experience in business analysis or related field with experience in leading and supporting successful projects.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to influence and work closely with others to determine acceptable solutions
- Experience in creating detailed reports; excellent documentation skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Competency in Word, Excel, Outlook, Office 365
- Power BI competency a plus
Salary and benefits
This position offers full-time benefits, including medical/dental insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement program and periodic review for merit and incentive pay based on organizational and personal achievement.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, military and veteran status, genetic information, and any other status protected by law. We provide qualified applicants and employees reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job.