Background / General description:
|IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. In FY15, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $18 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.|
The Infrastructure and Natural Resources dept. Asia would like to hire two (2) Investment Analyst’s to be based in New Delhi, India.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
|• Conducting industry and market research|
• Identifying potential clients and making initial contact.
• Reviewing company, economic and financial information
• Preparing and analyzing financial models
• Analyzing historical and projected financial statements
• Preparing the documents required for IFC’s investments, including project proposals and term sheets
• Participating in investment negotiations
Analysts also assist division managers and undertake supervisory work on existing projects, including the preparation of:
• Portfolio supervision reports and related information
• Country Strategy papers
• Briefs for visits by senior IFC staff
• Project profiles for trust funds assistance
• Other projects assigned by the Division Manager
Level E staff should have at least a Bachelors’ degree with 2-3 years of relevant experience. The candidate is required to know and effectively use fundamental business concepts and practices and to provide analytical, research and other professional support to professional level Investment Officers. Work is varied and somewhat complex in character requiring evaluation, original thinking and various written outputs.
Investment Analysts are expected to work for 2 to 4 year terms, up to a maximum of 4 years.
This position is considered eligible for “Local Recruitment” only and will be based in New Delhi, India.
|Minimum requirement is a recent undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related specialty, typically with additional professional experience of 2-3 years.|
• Sound analytical and conceptual skills encompassing finance and the associated areas of financial investment, portfolio management, corporate finance and economics.
• The ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently.
• Aptitude in basic financial modeling and analysis using Microsoft Excel.
• Fluency in written and spoken English is essential to enable the staff member to produce concise reports.
• A keen interest in development finance and in working in a multicultural environment