The project manager will oversee the implementation of REC projects distributed over multiple geographical locations within the Programme Implementation Unit.
- contributing to the strategic and business development of the REC;
- providing services and products to support the implementation of related global and EU policies and measures in the REC’s beneficiary area;
- contributing to the preparation of proposals and tenders and participating actively in project development meetings;
- managing quality control;
- meeting commitments and delivering services to constituents and target groups in an efficient, effective and ethical manner;
- providing regular project-related content for inclusion on the REC’s website and social media channels (i.e. information about project launches, steering committee meetings, project completion and other relevant project milestones);
- managing any additional tasks as and when assigned by the head of unit and by the head of programme implementation;
- managing Interreg/Horizon 2020 projects;
- supporting the implementation of projects implemented by the Water and Natural Resources Unit (WNR); and
- contributing to the further development of the WNR by supporting the realisation of the WNR work plan for subsequent year(s) and providing project management.
- A minimum of seven years’ work experience in project management.
- Knowledge of both the theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Direct work experience in project management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of, and an interest in, the environmental, social and economic policies of Central and Eastern Europe.
- Proven experience in people and change management.
- Proven experience in strategic planning.
- Proven experience in risk management.
- Proven experience with technical assistance projects dealing with water management and the environment and the EU environmental acquis is an asset.
- Project management experience in Central and Eastern Europe and in European Neighbourhood Policy countries in the last 10 calendar years is an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form in English. Fluency (written and spoken) in a language of a Central and Eastern European country is a strong asset.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relationships in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Organisational skills, with a strong focus on quality and attention to detail.
- Time management skills; ability to plan and prioritise own work under tight deadlines; and flexibility to tackle numerous tasks simultaneously.
- Computer skills, including proficiency in project management software.
- Ability to travel frequently.
- A university degree in a relevant field.
- A qualification in project management (e.g. PMP certification or equivalent).
Terms of employment
This full-time position is based at the REC’s head office in Szentendre, Hungary. The position is for a fixed period of 12 months, with the possibility of extension. Candidates should send a detailed CV and a motivation letter in English (only English-language applications will be considered) outlining their interest in the position and their qualifications by May 13, 2018, to:
Human Resources Department
Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe
H-2000, Szentendre, Ady Endre ut 9-11
E-mail: [email protected]
Please include the position reference number in the email subject line (Reference number: 2018/03)