YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY delivering the global technical strategy and informing the development and implementation of WASH interventions and initiatives in East Africa.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Oversee technical program quality in WASH interventions in selected countries.
- Inform global learning, capitalization and uptake of Action Against Hunger USA WASH programming and experiences.
- Offer technical support in WASH through identification, selection and orientation of technical field staff.
- Represents Action Against Hunger-USA in WASH sector external coordination, representation and communication at regional level.
DOES THIS DESCRIPTION FIT YOU?
- You’re an experienced humanitarian professional
- You have a Bachelor degree (Master’s Degree or higher preferred) in Water, Sanitation, Hygiene or a related field.
- You have a minimum of 4 years’ previous work in WASH programs with an international humanitarian organization, including at least 2 years of assignments in 2 countries besides the country of origin.
- You possess strong organizational skills and are able to pay attention to writing and reviewing detailed proposals and reports, as well as preparing and editing technical guidelines and training materials.
- You have experience working in humanitarian contexts, emergency and post-crisis, and familiarity with all steps of the Project Cycle Management.
- You have excellent knowledge of technical fields related to WASH.
- You have genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger.
- You are very efficient leading processes
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details.
- You are passionate about finding creative solutions & innovative approaches to long-standing & critical problems.
- You are excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload, diverse tasks and responsibilities, and also work calmly under pressure.
- You are self disciplined and can work autonomously making decisions with minimal guidance.
- You have experience working with diverse international teams and ability to communicate well in English, both written and verbal.
Click on the “Apply” button to apply for the position. Be sure to fill in the Education history and Experience fields provided in the form. Applications submitted without this information will be automatically disqualified. Application deadline is March 6th, 2018.