World Vision International
World Vision is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As WASH Lead, Bangladesh Refugee Crisis, you will have overall responsibility of managing the Myanmar- Bangladesh refugees Emergency WASH sector Response in Cox’s Bazar. You will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the program and will serve as the principal sector contact to the WASH sector/cluster, donor and local government entities.
You will manage a team of WASH Engineers, WASH Officers, Hygiene Promotion Officers and WASH Facilitators and engagement with stakeholders and ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the respective grants. You are expected to have strong leadership qualities and depth and breadth of technical and management expertise. You will also provides strategic leadership and supervision of contractors while ensuring the security, feasibility, and sustainability of the program and contribution to the intended project outcomes.
- BSc/BA Degree in Water and Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, management or related field.
- Preferred: Master’s degree with in humanitarian and or development programs.
- 3 years in managerial position.
- At least 5 years work experience in humanitarian contexts.
- 3 years’ work in humanitarian and or development programs.
- Willingness to travel and work extensively – sometimes at short notice, in difficult places and under long hours – according to a results-based approach.