Tetra Tech ARD (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified project Start-Up Specialist candidates for the WASH-FIN project.
WASH-FIN is in the second year of a five-year program financed by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) implemented as a task order under the Making Cities Work Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract. Its primary objectives are to close financing gaps to achieve universal access to water and sanitation and to increase the potential to reach additional beneficiaries at scale in Africa and Asia.
The Start-Up Specialist is responsible for the successful start-up of WASH-FIN country offices in Africa and Asia. The position is responsible for administrative and logistical tasks associated with opening a small country office, recruiting local staff, initiating procurement for office equipment and supplies, and liaising with relevant local authorities to ensure compliance with local laws and practices. Additionally, the Start-Up Specialist shall support on-going country operations from the project’s main office in Rosslyn, Virginia. This is a full-time position with extensive international travel requirements.
* Identify a local lawyer to review the Tetra Tech ARD local employment contract to ensure adherence to local labor law.
* Draft and review additional project templates as needed.
* Research office spaces, identify potential properties, schedule viewings, and (if applicable) assist the team to secure selected space.
* Conduct security assessment of local office space.
* If applicable, provide draft lease agreement for office space for review and approval.
* Manage local recruitment process for long-term local support staff positions.
* Develop initial project procurement list and procure initial items.
* Identify and open a local bank account.
* Other tasks as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in international affairs, business, accounting, or other related field.
* Eight years of experience supporting USAID projects.
* Demonstrated experience starting up USAID-financed projects.
* Fluency in French preferred.
* Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications and competencies for this opportunity
* A current resume in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech ARD’s ad posted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.