Chief of Party– Resilience in the Sahel Enhanced (RISE) II
Tetra Tech ARD, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party position on a USAID funded program in Niger and Burkina Faso.
The purpose of Resilience in the Sahel Enhanced (RISE) II is to effectively manage shocks and stresses which the populations of Nigeria and Burkina Faso face through the pursuit of sustainable pathways out of poverty. The activity comprises of five main components: (i) enhance social and ecological risk management systems; (ii) increase and sustain economic well-being; (iii) improve health, family planning, and nutrition outcomes; (iv) enhance governance of institutions and organizations; and (v) enhance social, economic, and political agency of women and youth.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for leading all technical, financial, and administrative aspects of the program and will coordinate closely with USAID in developing, implementing, and revising the project’s overall implementation strategy. The COP will be the principal liaison between USAID, Tetra Tech, and other partners and will provide overall strategic and technical guidance to subcontractors. The COP will provide comprehensive expert technical oversight and guidance in all aspects of the program, including monitoring and evaluation, and reporting to USAID.
* Master’s degree in agriculture, economics, finance, international development, anthropology, natural resource management, environmental conservation, agronomy / soil sciences, veterinary science, public policy and administration, project management, business administration, or other related area;
* Required minimum of 12 years of professional experience in designing, implementing, and managing donor-funded development projects incorporating one of more of the following technical disciplines: agricultural/value chain development (crop and/or livestock), market systems strengthening, access to finance, food security, nutrition, livelihoods and resilience, climate change adaptation, risk management and response, natural resource and/or land use management, water security, conservation, gender or youth-focused initiatives, community development, and public private partnerships; experience within West Africa preferred;
* Previous experience as COP for large-scale (>$25 million) USAID-funded project required;
* Demonstrated leadership experience in managing successful multi-sectoral donor-funded projects in Africa required; relevant experience in Niger and/or Burkina Faso preferred;
* Knowledge of relevant Nigerien, Burkinabe, and West African regional institutions preferred;
* Fluency in English and French Required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Employee Biographical Data Sheet (EBD)
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.