The Senior Program Advisor is the lead program expert for Living Water globally. He or she is responsible for working collaboratively with the organization’s International technical staff to develop and improve program models and approaches that support Living Water’s global strategic plan, as well as monitoring program execution to ensure desired results.
These principles guide and identify us as colleagues and representatives of Living Water:
- Honor God
- Develop People
- Pursue Excellence
- Be Good Stewards
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate highly functional Technical Working Groups, made up of technical staff in country and regional offices, which are effectively improving practice related to:
- Water and Sanitation Engineering
- Public Health/Sanitation & Hygiene
- Church & Community Mobilization
- Develop well-defined organizational program models and approaches that can be consistently articulated both internally and externally.
- Collaborate on program plans (design documents and grant proposals) that accurately reflect Living Water program models and approaches.
- Cultivate increased capacity of international field staff to execute organizational program models and approaches.
- Ensure visibility of ongoing programmatic practice in support of internal monitoring evaluation, and learning (MEL) efforts and external communication.
- Maintain good organizational visibility of promising program approaches and tools in WASH, Church & Community Mobilization, and adjacent sectors.
- Provide representation of organizational models and practice to external stakeholders through presentation and publication.
MINIMUM EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in relevant field (international development, development economics, public health, engineering in developing contexts)
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience in international contexts
- Strong experience and working knowledge of international development practice, especially:
- The particular implications of development grounded in an integral Christian mission,
- The technical, social, and public health aspects of water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH), and
- Development models that engage the Church and other religious communities as key actors.
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills, with a demonstrated ability to integrate diverse ideas and solve complex problems
- Confident communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to engage effectively in crosscultural contexts
- Organizational awareness and acumen; ability to convene and manage project teams, and to lead through influence
- Proven skills in writing technical materials that are clear and useful in cross-cultural contexts • Ability and willingness to travel internationally (est. 20% travel)
Please apply online at: http://water.cc/jobs