EcoAdapt, a non-profit organization headquartered on Bainbridge Island, WA founded by a team of some of the earliest climate change adaptation thinkers and practitioners in the field, has one goal- creating a robust future in the face of climate change. We bring together diverse players to reshape planning and management in response to rapid climate change. Our team is distributed throughout the United States and provides support, training, and assistance to help all aspects of society (government agencies, organizations, and individuals) determine how to do what they do effectively even with the challenges of climate change. Please explore what we do at EcoAdapt.org.
EcoAdapt seeks an individual with knowledge in the field of climate change adaptation for a full time non-exempt position of Program Assistant located in the New Smyrna Beach, Florida or Philadelphia, PA surrounding area. The Program Assistant will be responsible for a wide variety of duties including providing administrative support, marketing, meeting organizing and program development for the National Adaptation Forum (NationalAdaptationForum.org). Applicants should be comfortable working in a fast‐paced, team-oriented environment and demonstrate flexibility, extreme attention to detail, and a commitment to supporting EcoAdapt’s mission and goals. Continuation of this position beyond mid 2019 is contingent on funding.
New Smyrna Beach FL and surrounding area or Philadelphia, PA and surrounding area
- Support National Adaptation Forum team with various assigned tasks, including the development, marketing and communications of the National Adaptation Forum.
- Assist in website updates and tracking for outreach exposure for the National Adaptation Forum and EcoAdapt websites.
- Assist in social media outreach and marketing.
- Assist in managing sponsor, vendor, and participant correspondence.
- Logistical support of registrations, vendors, exhibitors, travel support and volunteers.
- Assist with planning of Steering Committee and Program Committee calls and quarterly National Adaptation Forum webinar series.
Successful candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Ability to work independently from home (e.g., internet access, phone)
- Thrive as a team player and work well with others
- Strong interpersonal skills resulting in exceptional rapport with people
- Able to deal courteously, professionally, and tactfully with the general public in a variety of circumstances
- Well-‐‐developed skills in prioritizing, organization and time management
- Ability to accommodate national travel
- Extreme attention to detail
- English speaking and comprehension fluency
- Bachelor degree in marketing, communications, environmental science, or community studies (or related) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of climate change adaptation
- Marketing/Communication experience
- Website content management experience, preferred
- Social media experience, preferred
- Strong writing and effective communication skills
- Comfortable with online meeting, webinar and teleconference interactions, and cloud‐based collaboration and file sharing services
Compensation is competitive and negotiable. EcoAdapt offers a generous benefits packet, paid time off and sick leave. EcoAdapt’s policy is to provide compensation that is fair, reasonable and consistent with the compensation paid in the nonprofit sector for positions of comparable complexity and responsibility without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
Interested candidates should send a complete application assembled in one email to [email protected] A complete application includes: cover letter, curriculum vitae, voluntary EEO self-identification form, and employment application form (save to your desktop, open with Adobe Acrobat Reader, fill out form and save changes before including in email). Completed applications are due by the end of the day April 20, 2018. Please indicate “Program Assistant-EcoAdapt” in the subject line of all email correspondence. No phone calls or faxes please.