SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation, working in Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 30 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV is continually looking for seasoned and dynamic Project Managers and Sector Leaders for large, single and multi-country projects, subject to donor approval. This vacancy intends to build a pool of WASH experts for SNV globally who can be considered for future roles.
SNV’s WASH initiatives in both a rural and an urban context will provide access to improved drinking water services and/or improved sanitary facilities for 10 million people from 2016 to 2018. Our work improves environmental health by reducing pathways for disease transmission, enhances nutrition – especially with regards to stunting in children, and reduces both untreated human waste and wastewater.
Long term sustainability lies at the core of our work. We strengthen public governance around WASH services, support institutional changes and capacity, develop financially viable services, and improve asset management of existing WASH infrastructure. This includes strengthening the roles of civil society and the private sector in advocacy and operation, as well as promoting sector and stakeholder dialogue and reflection about changing needs and standards in the light of increasing urbanisation and the Sustainable Development Goals.
SNV provides expertise to work towards universal coverage across 4 distinct product areas:
- Sustainable Sanitation & Hygiene for All (SSH4A)
- Urban Sanitation & Hygiene for Health and Development (USHHD)
- Functionality of Rural Water Supply Services (FRWSS)
- Urban Water Supply Services (UWSS)
- Ensure implementation of the project work plan, as per the SNV project management procedures, internal reporting, donor requirements and contract;
- Lead, manage relationships and motivate the project team, partners and relevant stakeholders, plan and assign deliverables, review their progress and address deviations in terms of timelines and quality, based on project planning, deliverables agreed and budget set;
- Contract Management & Budget Oversight – Manage and account for administrative, finance and procurement components of the project in line with SNV and donor requirements;
- Human Resources Management & Team Leadership – Plan and manage HR workflow by forecasting personnel needs and supporting in recruitment & selection;
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting – Formulate and implement M&E plan; ensure data collection and reporting for project, including risk monitoring and reporting;
- Knowledge, documentation and communication – Ensure full synthesis, analysis and documentation and sharing of project insights and results, signal potential for positioning, innovation, up-scaling and potential follow up projects;
- Network and Relationship building – Build and maintain effective relationships, with the government and local authorities, external partners and the donor
- Strategic Leadership: develop country level WASH strategy aligned to corporate WASH frameworks;
- Advisory Services: lead complex assignments, set benchmarks for results, and monitor quality of advisory services of the WASH sector team;
- Business Development: develop proposals and secure funding for innovative WASH programmes;
- People Management: lead, manage, and coach the team of SNV advisors, local capacity builders and consultants;
- Monitoring & Evaluation: ensure uniform understanding and practice in planning, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation of WASH programmes in line with SNV’s internal frameworks;
- Representation & Promotion: develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders to improve SNV’s market position and actively participate in external and internal networks;
- Contribute to SNV as a member of the Country Management Team.
- Relevant advanced academic qualification in WASH or related field;
- 7+ years of relevant experience in WASH service delivery including at least 5 years in a project management role, preferably in Africa or Asia;
- Proven track record in project management, specifically in project planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and financial management for large scale comprehensive projects;
- International work experience and the ability to effectively coach and lead a team of advisors in a multi-cultural setting;
- Strong background in resource mobilisation; demonstrated programme design, proposal writing, business development, and international donor relationship management;
- Strong relationship management skills;
- Proficiency in English required;
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated achiever with excellent intercultural leadership, teamwork, coaching, communication, networking and organisational skills.
Contract Type: International
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation.
Working at SNV:
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of WASH experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement