SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation, working in Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 30 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV works across three sectors: Agriculture, Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH). Several bilateral and international donors fund our programmes, like DFID, DFAT, DGIS, BMGF and USAID. SNV has a +110 million euro annual turnover (40 million in WASH) and is aiming for further growth.
SNV’s WASH initiatives aim to provide access to improved drinking water services and/or improved sanitary facilities for 10 million people in 2016-2018, while we aim for even higher numbers for 2019-2021. Long term sustainability lies at the core of our work. Our programmes strengthen public governance around WASH services, support institutional changes and capacity, develop financially viable services, and improve asset management of existing WASH infrastructure.
For the global Marketing and Business Development Unit SNV seeks a strong Market Development Manager to strategically position SNV and especially SNV’s WASH sector among donors, partners and customers and develop a healthy business ‘pipeline’. This position offers opportunities to profile, lead and innovate, and to growing your skills and network in a highly professional and international working environment.
- Sector Intelligence and Trends: identify relevant market developments and trends within the WASH sector, and initiate internal knowledge sharing;
- Customer Strategy Development: prepare donor strategies and contribute to marketing plans and branding of SNV WASH products among stakeholders;
- Strategic Positioning: build and maintain effective relationships with relevant partners and donors;
- Opportunity Management and Prospecting: identify key funding opportunities, advise on partner selection and distribute opportunity information to internal stakeholders;
- Capture Planning: advise on bid decisions, and design and implement winning strategies to secure funding in the WASH market.
- Proposal Coordination: for large and more complex or innovative opportunities this position will serve as the prospect coordinator to develop proposals
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant field;
- At least 9 years of relevant experience in marketing and institutional fundraising;
- Up-to-date knowledge in WASH, specifically in SNV’s WASH sub-sectors (rural and urban sanitation; functionality of rural water; urban water)
- Proven track record in institutional fundraising, proposal development and international donor relationship management;
- Established international network in the WASH sector
- Extensive knowledge of funding modalities;
- Demonstrated writing and public speaking skills (English required, French preferred, Spanish/Portuguese is a plus);
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated achiever with excellent teamwork, communication, networking, organisational and annaltytical skills.
Contract Type: Employment (Dutch contract)
Contract Duration: 2 years with possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Duty Station: The Hague
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter before 10 April 2018.