The Mitchell Group is seeking a Water Sector Expert candidate for an evaluation in Sierra Leone covering a Regulatory Strengthening Project, an Electricity Sector Reform Project, and a Water Sector Reform Project. The Water Sector Expert will be responsible for technical and methodological leadership of the Water Sector Reform evaluation activities and the DMA and Standpipe Demonstration Activity. He/she should have demonstrated experience with governance, institutional and regulatory reform in the water sector, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa. He/she must have an in-depth understanding of utility operations and the collection and analysis of utility performance data and an in-depth understanding of the engineering of water networks and the measurement of non-revenue water.
· Graduate degree or higher in a related field (such as economics, qualitative methods, statistics, or other related field).
· Experience coordinating with developing country governments, ministries and/or local NGOs/CBOs for the design and implementation of impact evaluations, including addressing weaknesses as needed.
· Experience with social and gender research, particularly in sub-Saharan Africa including designing data collection instruments, collecting, and analyzing data disaggregated by sex and socioeconomic status.
· Experience collecting primary data in Sierra Leone.
· Experience conducting evaluability assessments. · Demonstrated experience in data anonymization.
· English language proficiency.