WASH OFFICER (Antakya/Turkey) – position open only for national candidates.**
Polish Humanitarian Action is looking for a WASH Officer to support the implementation of programs in Turkey.
- Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH), Warsaw based international non-governmental organization with representation office in Turkey
- Position: WASH Officer
- Location: Antakya/Turkey
- Job terms: Full-time
- Starting date: Immediate (ASAP)
- Duration: 2 months of probation period with a possibility of further extension
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is an international non-governmental organization which since 1992 has been providing humanitarian and development help worldwide. So far, the interventions have been carried out in 46 different countries. PAH concentrates its activities on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering the consequences of war and/or natural disasters by possessing long-standing expertise and implementation of projects in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Food Security and Livelihoods, as well as Nutrition and Education.
For more information, please refer to https://www.pah.org.pl/en/
Summary of the Position:
The selected candidate will have a role in the WASH Department of PAH office in Antakya. He or she will be under direct supervision of WASH Program Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the program manager in responsibility for the timeframe and quality of project implementation, in accordance with the adopted plan.
- Implement given project budget, oversees the accounting.
Manage documentation in accordance with donor’s directives and the department standards.
Support program manager to cooperate partners and project stakeholders
Oversees proper utilization of the material resources in the project, oversees the optimization of expenditures.
Prepares and updates informational and promotional materials, in cooperation with the Program Manager.
Support WASH program manager to review project BOQs from the field to ensure the proper technical specifications.
Support Program Manager in reporting to donors and other stakeholders
Prepare needed AutoCAD drawings needed for implementation and requested by WASH program manager
Report to Program manager in accordance with the Department guidelines and the donor directives. Requirements:
Civil Engineer diploma, or equivalent WASH engineering degree
Min. 1 year of WASH experience (pref. in NGO org.)
- An ability to participate and develop proposals and project BOQs for the donors.
- Ability to prepare and conduct training, and to develop presentational materials. An understanding of the specifics of a humanitarian organization
- Proficiency in oral and written English, and Arabic.
- MS Office and AutoCAD advanced level knowledge
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Experience in team working, communication skills
- Ability to work under time constrains.
- Analytical skills What PAH offers:
- Competitive salary
- Work in dynamic and motivated team;
- Work experience with professional and flexible international NGO, which is one of the largest NGOs in the Central-Eastern Europe