The role of the Water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) project coordinator is to implement the delegated WASH project portfolio.
- Line management of WASH project field staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to Water, sanitation and hygiene strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of WASH projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from PDM/PM in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality
- Provide regular progress reports to the PM/PDM
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Contribute to specific protection risks and needs analyses
- Contribute to the design in consultation with PAC of protection response to identified risks and needs.
- Ensure availability of adequate and appropriate equipment, supplies, office and warehouse space for the successful implementation of the programme
- Participate in the development of project proposals and budgets for the WASH programme
- Ensure timely follow up with appropriate partners and stakeholders for smooth coordination and implementation of the projects
- Cultivate close working relations with key partners including local government, UN agencies and local and international NGOs
- Participate in relevant sector coordination meetings and represent NRC both at the local and national level
- Proactive planning and coordination with logistics and field teams
- Ensure the strict observance and immediately report to the PM/PDM and/or the Area Manager any breach or suspected breach of NRC code of conduct, NRC and donors procedures
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Project Manager and Area Manager
- Ensure that WASH projects target the most vulnerable and that beneficiaries are selected in line with the WASH Sector targeting criteria, NRC criteria and donor guidelines
- A degree in Water engineering, Development studies/Social sciences is required
- Experience in a supervisory and project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal is required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and reporting skills, both written and oral
- Valid driver’s license
- In depth knowledge of the context in Ukraine
- Management experience within an international NGO is highly desired
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Solid computer skills, including MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Understanding of SPHERE minimum standards
- Engineering sciences & technology
- College / University, Master / Phd grade
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- Commencement: May 2018.
- Contract: till the end of the year with possibility of extension.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC country policy.
- Duty station: Severodonetsk (with at least 30% within the field).
- Please send your CV in English only.
- Deadline for submission is April, 15th.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
- Travel: More than 100 days travel