The role of the Project Manager is to ensure effective implementation, management and reporting on WASH (Water, Sanitation, Hygiene) project in Luhansk (probably Donetsk as well) oblasts.
- Line management of the Project Coordinator for the WASH team.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures, and humanitarian principles.
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and WASH strategies and identify opportunities for integrated programming with ICLA, and Food Security & Livelihoods and Shelter.
- Manage WASH project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Ensure high technical quality in projects implementation.
- Provide regular reports on progress, quality and budget spending to the WASH PDM.
- Ensure projects and proposals target the most vulnerable beneficiaries, taking cross-cutting theme’s like protection, gender, universal access, HLP etc. into account.
- Develop and manage the project budgets.
- Draft concept papers and project proposals for potential donor opportunities.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transmit key knowledge and skills.
- Liaise and maintain strong external relationships with relevant partners, local authorities, and other key stakeholders, and internally with programs and support services.
- Responsible for WASH specific protection risks and needs analyses.
- Responsible for designing in consultation with PAC of protection response to identified risks and needs.
- Ensure donor grants are properly implemented in accordance with budget, log-frame, planned activities, proposal objectives, time schedule and specific donor requirements.
- Monitor and evaluate the project implementation and modality, media coverage and communication with beneficiaries and stakeholders. Propose necessary adjustments to improve program quality and cost efficiency ensuring the successful completion of the project.
- Develop monthly work plans; provide regular reports including suggestions for new and better ways to assist.
- Plan and conduct periodic project review meetings to assess progress, if necessary adjust plans, and draw/disseminate lessons learned.
- Ensure that all project staff are filling and submitting all project related reporting formats on timely basis.
- Contribute to the capacity development of other WASH staff members.
- Monitor and oversee all budgeted project expenditures.
- Coordinate with the local authorities, international and local organizations and other stakeholders as needed.
- Represent NRC in WASH Cluster meetings, as well as at other relevant coordination platforms/forums.
- 3+ years of management experience, with responsibility for project implementation, staff management and budget management.
- Understanding of WASH activities.
- Background in water engineering will be an advantage.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and reporting skills, both written and oral.
- Willingness to work in demanding and stressful situations.
- Native Russian and Ukrainian speaker.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Valid driver’s license.
- In depth knowledge of the context in Ukraine.
- Management experience within an international NGO is highly desired.
- Engineering sciences & technology
- College / University, Master / Phd grade
- Strategic thinking.
- Managing resources to optimize results.
- Managing performance and development of personal skills.
- Empowering staff.
- Handling insecure environments.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Working with people.
- Affinity with working culture in an international NGO.
- Commencement: May 2018.
- Contract: till the end of the year with possibility of extension.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC country policy.
- Duty station: Severodonetsk (with at least 30% within the field).
- Please send your CV in English only.
- Deadline for submission is April, 15th.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
- Travel: More than 100 days travel