We are looking for an experienced and motivated Project Manager to join our office and help us deliver on our programmes towards a sustainable future for all. The successful candidate will initially join our Mistra Geopolitics team as programme manager.
Join our international non-profit research organization and help create a sustainable future for all. The SEI Stockholm Centre is a dynamic, expanding workplace that employs around 90 people from 25 different nationalities in an activity-based office in central Stockholm (Garnisonen).
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Project Manager to join our office and help us deliver on our programmes towards a sustainable future for all. The successful candidate will initially join our Mistra Geopolitics team as programme manager. Mistra Geopolitics is a research programme that examines the dynamics of geopolitics, human security and environmental change and involves several Swedish stakeholders in an SEI led consortium. This will be approximately 50% of the role.
The candidate will further strengthen our project delivery capacity at our Stockholm office by working in other projects.
- Contribute to the successful delivery of the Mistra Geopolitics programme, in collaboration with the programme management team (Programme Director and co-directors, Communication Lead, Financial Controller);
- Provide overall planning and monitoring of the Mistra Geopolitics programme;
- Support the Mistra Geopolitics management team on budget and resource planning;
- Follow up with work package leaders and stakeholders on tasks and deliverables;
- Follow up financial reporting with partners, together with the financial controller;
- Liaise closely with the SEI financial team on budgeting, costs and reporting;
- Responsible to keep information on programme progress up to date and readily accessible (including indicators, progress in WPs and projects, deliverables and staffing);
- Lead compilation of annual reports and other regular reporting requirements to the Consortium, Programme Board and Mistra; and
- Contribute to strengthening the project management capacity at our Stockholm office, by supporting other projects and SEI colleagues.
Who you are
We are looking for a person with a strong interest and proven track record in delivering large projects and working with multiple stakeholders. To succeed in this role you are driven, motivated, organized and a strong team player. It is not necessary for you to have a background in geopolitics or sustainable development, but you clearly have a passion for global challenges and sustainability.
- Master’s degree or equivalent, with well over 5 years of relevant experience;
- Strong track record in project management; delivery of research programmes is an advantage;
- Able to manage relations and stakeholder interaction;
- Structured and organized, yet able to work in a flexible and exiting research environment;
- Strong people-skills and team player – able to motivate teams towards delivery;
- Solution oriented and “hands-on” attitude;
- Able to see connections between stakeholders and work packages within the project;
- Fluent written and spoken English; Swedish is an advantage; and
- Passionate and interested about sustainable development
How to Apply
We continuously review applications and encourage you to apply as soon as possible. The final application deadline is 27 April 2018 at 23:59 CEST. As we only accept applications through our system, please apply online using the button below and include:
- Cover letter highlighting relevant qualifications and experience;
- Curriculum vitae or resume