Tetra Tech is seeking to hire a qualified Chief of Party to lead all technical and administrative aspects of an anticipated 5-year USAID-funded climate change and natural resource management initiative. The purpose of the project is to support Guatemala to develop a comprehensive approach to mitigate and adapt to climate change by improving natural resource management, building technical and institutional capacity, and supporting the implementation of legal and policy frameworks.
- Minimum of 7 years in director-level role leading and managing complex development programs and multi-disciplinary teams in the Latin America Region, preferably as a Chief of Party for a USAID-funded project.
- Not less than 10 years’ project experience working in one or more technical disciplines: climate change mitigation, climate change adaptation, water resource management, sustainable forest management, community-based sustainable development, or other relevant technical areas.
- Proven track record managing multi-disciplinary development programs and teams, engaging effectively with stakeholders, fostering collaborative learning and adaptive management, and understanding and addressing the needs of the most vulnerable.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Strong familiarity with the policy, social, economic, environmental, and cultural context in Guatemala.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline is required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
- A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.