Agency: Millennium Challenge Corporation
Office: MCC Location: Washington DC
Date you need to respond by: 29-July-2016
Solicitation Number: MCC-16-RFQ-0192 Naics code: 541620 Management, Scientific, and Technical Consulting Services
Notice Type: Combined Synopsis/Solicitation. Set Aside: N/A
Consultant Services – ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL PERFORMANCE/AGRICULTURE AND LAND
1) This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information including in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; quotes are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued. The Solicitation number is MCC-16-RFQ-0192 and is issued as a Request for Quotations (RFQ). This solicitation document incorporates all mandatory commercial item provisions and clauses that are in effect through the most recent Federal Acquisition Regulation amendments which can be found at http://www.acquisition.gov/far/index.html
2) The North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) code is 541620 and the small business size standard is $15 million.
3) FAR Clauses 52.212-1 through 52.212-5 apply to this procurement. The exact text and wording of clauses and provisions may be obtained from the Internet at http://acquisition.gov/far/index.html. The Government contemplates the award of a Time and Materials Order resulting from this solicitation. NOTE: An Addendum to FAR clause 52.212-4 Contract Terms and Conditions-Commercial Items, (Alt I) is attached.
4) MCC is a U.S. Government corporation whose mission is to reduce global poverty through economic growth. It provides large-scale grant assistance in the form of 5-year Compacts, or agreements, that fund large-scale development projects in carefully selected countries that demonstrate a commitment to good governance, economic freedom, and investments in their citizenry. For more information on the MCC, please visit www.mcc.gov.
5) THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR AN INDEPENDENT INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT (NOT FIRMS) AND IS NOT FOR INDIVIDUALS SEEKING EMPLOYMENT DIRECTLY WITH MCC. PLEASE VISIT: http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/Independent-Contractor-Defined FOR INFORMATION REGARDING INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS. Note: MCC will assist the consultant in coordinating with an Independent Contractor Engagement Services Provider for payroll, travel, international travel insurance, etc., therefore, a DUNS number and registration in System for Award Management (SAM) is not required.
6) Description of Services: MCC is seeking an environmental policy and legal expert to work as a consultant for the Environmental and Social Performance (ESP) and Agriculture/Land (Ag-Land) Practice Groups. The consultant is required to have extensive expertise working in developing countries on policy and regulatory issues concerning water, energy, natural resource management, biodiversity, pollution prevention, water user associations, and other related environmental and social matters. The consultant should have demonstrated experience working with international donors, government and non-government stakeholders on projects aimed at strengthening environmental policies and regulations and improving environmental governance in the context of broader economic development programs.
7) This combined synopsis and solicitation notice is a request for competitive quotations. Therefore, all quotations received prior to the RFQ close date will be considered.
8) The Government will award an order to the responsible independent consultants(s) whose quote conforming to this notice represents the best value in terms of technical criteria, past performance and price. All non-price factors (technical criteria and past performance) are more important than price. If options are included, quotes will be evaluated by adding the total price for all options to the total price for the basic requirement. Evaluation of options shall not obligate the Government to exercise the options(s).
9) Evaluation Factors. Only quotes which meet the mandatory technical evaluation criteria will be considered.
Technical Qualifications of Consultant:
The Consultant shall possess the following qualifications:
• An advanced degree in environmental, social or natural sciences, environmental engineering, planning or a related field. Expertise in environmental law and policy strongly preferred. (Mandatory)
• A minimum of 15 years of experience working in environmental and/or social field; (Mandatory)
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in environmental policy / environmental law in the context of international development projects. (Mandatory)
• Ability to conduct technical analysis of environmental and social issues and provide effective communication to enhance the design and implementation MCC projects, especially with regards to environmental policy and institutional design; (Mandatory)
• Oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate complex technical subjects to a wide range of non-technical stakeholders; (Mandatory)
• Professional oral and written command of English and French essential (Please include any other languages and level of proficiency in your resume); (Mandatory)
Experience working in infrastructure, and preferably water and irrigations projects; Experience in Malawi, Niger, or similar countries preferable.
Skill in providing technical advice and guidance on the assessment and management of environmental and social risks and impacts associated with development projects/programs in developing countries (with experience in this area in specified countries strongly preferred) ;
Experience in two or more of the following sub-sectors is also highly desired:
o Involuntary Resettlement
o Natural Resource Management
o Integrated Water Resource Management
o Social Science
o Occupational health and safety
o Social Inclusion and Gender Integration
Three (3) professional references for relevant work performed during the past three years.
The government will examine the proposed rate for reasonableness.
*Please note: The Government shall evaluate offers for award purposes by adding the total price for all options, including options under FAR clause 52.217-8, Option to Extend Services, to the total price for the basic requirement. Evaluation of options will not obligate the Government to exercise the option(s).
10) Evaluation Methodology. The Government will perform a comparative analysis of quotes and will assess the advantages and disadvantages of each quote as related to the Evaluation Factors. Multiple awards may be made from this notice and all quotes will be retained and may be utilized for requirements for a period of 12 months.
11) Quote Deadline. Independent Consultants are invited to submit their quotations in response to this notice by 10:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST), Friday, July 29, 2016. Only e-mailed requests for additional information will be accepted at [email protected] by 12:00 pm eastern standard time on Friday, July 22, 2016. Quotations submitted in response to this notice shall include the solicitation number “MCC-16-RFQ-0192 AND ESP/AGLAND” description in the subject line and be signed, dated and submitted via email to [email protected] The maximum file size is 10mb.
12) Quote Submission. The Individual Consultant shall submit the following document:
a. Technical: (1) Cover letter that addresses all technical criteria as listed in this solicitation; (2) Curriculum Vitae (15 page maximum)
b. Past Performance: Three professional references
c. Price: Bio-Data Form which includes the independent consultant’s proposed rate and salary history.
PLEASE DO NOT COMBINE YOUR SUBMISSION INTO ONE (1) DOCUMENT. DOCUMENTS (a), (b), &(c) MUST BE SUBMITTED AS SEPARATE DOCUMENTS IN ONE (1) EMAIL.
13) FAR 52.212.3, Offeror Representations and Certifications – Commercial Items shall be required from the selected consultant, prior to the time of award.
14) There are no additional contract requirements(s) necessary for this acquisition other than those consistent with customary commercial practices.
15) See attached documents, (1) Addendum to FAR Clause 52.212-4, (Alt I); (2) MCC Bio-Data Sheet and (3) Statement of Work.
Additional Info can be found at:
Contact details for this United States Federal Business Opportunity:
Walter E. Pemberton, Acquisition Specialist, Phone 2027726836, Email [email protected] – Jose Jimenez, Phone 2027726542, Email [email protected]
Contracting Office Address:
1099 Fourteenth St NWSuite 700 Washington DC 20005