WaterAid is launching an ambitious new strategy to secure increased amounts of funding from a range of institutional donors in order to deliver our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities. As part of this strategy we are launching a call for expressions of interest from suitably qualified individuals interested in joining a pool of consultants to support bid writing.
Bid writing consultants will be commissioned to lead on specific bidding processes as and when funding opportunities arise. They will be managed by the Institutional Funding and Partnerships (IFP) team or directly by Country Teams depending on the nature of the funding calls. With appropriate support from IFP and Country Teams, consultants will be expected to take the lead on all aspects of the bid writing process and deliver finalised bid documents following specific donor templates ready for submission within agreed deadlines.
Working under the management of the IFP team or specific Country Teams, bid writing consultants will be expected to:
- Define and oversee an internal timeline with key milestones for the bid development process in collaboration with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Support Country Teams with project conceptualisation
- Work with Country Teams and IFP to gather relevant background information and adapt this for use in bid documents
- Lead on developing key bid documents in close collaboration with Country Teams e.g. narrative, logical/results frameworks, budget etc.
- Ensure that projects and budgets are designed in accordance with relevant donor rules
- With support from Country Teams and IFP, ensure all relevant information is gathered for any required annexes to bid submissions
To be successful, you’ll need to have:
- Excellent writing skills with at least five years of experience in bid/proposal writing within the international development sector
- Specific experience with water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) or related themes (e.g. health, education, climate change) is highly desirable
- Substantial experience writing bids/proposals for one or more of the following donors: DfID, EC DevCo (EuropeAid), USAID, Sida, Global Affairs Canada, UN agencies
- Experience with commercial tendering highly desirable
- Familiarity with project conceptualisation tools such as Theory of Change (ToC) and Logical Framework Approach (LFA)
- Strong budget development skills and familiarity with principles and methodologies for cost recovery
- Ability to manage a range of internal and external stakeholders effectively and secure their inputs within tight deadlines
- Ability to work (written / spoken) in French is highly desirable. Portuguese language skills would also be an asset
Please send your expression of interest in the form of your CV and short cover letter outlining your key experience and achievements with reference to the points above to the following email: [email protected] by 29th April 2018.