It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a Programme Manager to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working closely with the Head of Programmes, your main responsibilities will include:
- Taking a leading role in the strategic development of the country programme, ensuring an integrated programme approach
- Lead in the development and roll out of organisational and country specific policies & frameworks
- Lead in high quality programme development through appropriate Project Concept Notes, Proposals and associated budgets, ensuring adherence to WAU programme Cycle Management Procedures, global policies & procedures.
- Ensure that cross cutting issues -equality, gender, climate change, sanitation and hygiene – are mainstreamed into all programme activities;
- Review programme budgets and ensure appropriateness and alignment with donor regulations and project budgets.
- Analyse government and donor policies and assess impact on sustainable and equitable delivery of WASH services.
To be successful, you’ll need to have
- Masters level qualification in Development Studies, Public Health, WASH, or other related discipline.
- 12 years’ experience working in a developing country in a development with senior programme management experience.
- Experience in planning, developing and evaluating programmes
- Significant experience of programme design and successful funding proposal development.
- Experience and competence in networking and effective relationship building with peers, donors and government.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, please send an updated CV including three work related referees and cover letter to [email protected] .Emails should not exceed 2MB.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation. Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications. No recruitment agencies please.