WORK WITH US
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in 69 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Visit www.nature.org/about-us to learn more.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
The Global Water Finance Manager is responsible for providing highly specialized Finance and/or Accounting activities for the Global Water Team.
The Finance Manager is responsible for the management, maintenance, and reporting of all financial data related to the Global Water Operating Unit (approximately $10M annual budget). This includes annual budget development, financial analysis and projections, maintaining all financial information, including the accounts payable and funds received and receivable. Provides analytical thinking and strategic recommendations related to finances for Global Managing Director, Water and Global Water Management Team as well as overall program management, organizational planning, policy development and implementation. The Finance Manager manages and maintains records of all vendor contracts and invoices to ensure both parties remain within terms. S/he works closely with Finance and Grant Specialists to ensure terms and conditions of agreements are met and properly documented. S/he will serve as the Finance Lead for all grants to the Global Water program, including a multi-million dollar private award. In this role s/he will, in conjunction with the Global Water Lead, co-manage the budgeting and financial reporting requirements of the grant and consolidate and review reports prepared by OU Finance Representatives in order to present analysis and commentary. S/he will support philanthropy operations by providing members of the Global Water philanthropy team and strategy leads with grant and general program budgets, and by reviewing grant language to allocate funds so that donor intent and program needs are met. Duties are highly confidential and require broad and comprehensive knowledge of TNC policies. Candidate should excel at problem solving, provide innovative solutions and work interactively. This position reports to the Director of Operations and works in close collaboration with the Deputy Managing Director, Global Water and Managing Directors for each of the Global Water Strategies.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Manages functional activity towards program’s strategic goals.
- Works toward meeting the strategic priorities of the program by developing and coordinating tactics for approved plans, completing and/or overseeing day-to-day tasks.
- Implements and manages new initiatives.
- Manages and implements multiple projects.
- Ensures the programmatic work is collaborative and well-integrated across organization.
- Works within a budget, negotiating and contracting with vendors.
- Decisions may bind organization financially and legally.
- May supervise one or more administrative or professional staff.
- Ensures programmatic commitments, TNC policies and procedures, financial standards and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance.
- Reinforces consistency in the organization’s policies and procedures and provides support related to relevant field.
- Design, implement and direct multiple complex projects, setting and meeting deadlines and ensuring program accountability.
- Resolves complex issues independently within program area. Experiments to find creative solutions and cultivates the ideas of others to identify potential solutions.
- Provides strategic analysis and ongoing reporting of finances to Global Water Leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration and 5 years’ related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience with accounting principles, practices and regulations.
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience recruiting, supervising and developing staff.
- Experience with GAAP.
- Experience with government regulations related to grants or contracts, including working with applicable U.S. Federal government circulars (OMB Circulars A-110, A-122 and A-133, state and local regulations, and standard contract clauses.
Multi-cultural experience and/or multi-lingual skills appreciated. Technical expert on complex accounting/financial issues. Experience monitoring for and ensuring compliance with organizational policy, applicable law and regulation, and finance/accounting/management best practice. Experience analyzing a regulatory framework and applying it to the situation at hand. Experience evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls; interpreting guidelines and analyzing factual information to adapt or modify processes as needed. Ability to resolve complex issues independently within program area. Experience acting as a resource to others to solve problems. CPA or CIA may be preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 44447, submit resume and cover letter as one document. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on July 27, 2016.
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact [email protected]
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of *The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.*
Job Title: Global Water Finance Manager
Job ID: 44447