Office of Economic Policy and Analysis/Climate and Energy
New York, NY
With world attention focused on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. This leading green group, with programs from Boston to Beijing, has tripled in size over the past decade by focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches. You can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life.
The Program Associate will provide vital programmatic and administrative support to the Office of Economic Policy and Analysis (~75% time) and the Climate and Energy program (~25% time). He/she will work to develop and implement efficient protocols for project tracking, scheduling, correspondence, budget coding/expenses, team coordination, and meeting and event planning. His/hers primary responsibilities will be administrative, but he/she will also support research and associated tasks where appropriate. He/she will report to the Program Director, Office of Economic Policy and Analysis.
- Manage the calendar of OEPA’s Chief Economist and Clean Energy’s Chief of Strategy/NY Regional Director; schedule individual and team meetings, appointments, and conference calls (often across various time zones domestically and internationally) and manage booking of associated conference rooms and/or conference phone lines;
- Coordinate and make travel arrangements for multiple senior staff members, while anticipating and proactively resolving scheduling or logistical conflicts;
- Lead, coordinate, organize and execute the planning of OEPA and Clean Energy internal and external events including travel, meeting logistics (eg meeting space, food, etc), and material development (eg agendas);
- Broadly lend support to staff where needed and tackle special projects where appropriate;
- Manage task lists, help organize project execution and track deliverables and next steps from meetings and workshops; interact across departments to keep fund-raising, reporting and other team projects on track;
- Track, manage and streamline program subscriptions and dues;
- Maintain and update file libraries/archives including proactively managing and improving Project Spaces, Dropbox, and/or other platforms for managing files;
- Photocopy, fax and mail materials as needed and be available and ready to support various on-site needs;
- Process expense reports, invoices, and AmEx statements for several senior staff; work with Finance and OEPA and Clean Energy staff to ensure project codes and proposal numbers are used appropriately to track expenses as needed;
- Assist with coordination, development, and tracking of consulting contracts and grant agreements; ensure EDF internal policies and processes are followed, and work with Finance to ensure payments are made;
- Actively stay up to date on team workflows; coordinate and disseminate information within and across teams including via written materials where appropriate; draft documents outlining team workflows and accomplishments for Development, internal reporting, or other purposes;
- Actively work to improve systems, operations, procedures, and processes;
- Act as a liaison where appropriate between OEPA/Clean Energy and internal departments/external partners;
- Manage OEPA internship program, including coordinating with OEPA staff to identify intern needs each semester as well as potential candidates, liaising with HR to schedule interviews and make offers, lead onboarding of new interns, help managers provide support during respective intern terms, and track details of intern terms and associated budgetary expenses for OEPA records;
- Take on special projects including initiatives to improve communications, project development and efficiency between OEPA/Clean Energy and other EDF programs or departments;
- Attend internal and external meetings to take notes and document and track key takeaways, next steps, and resource or research needs.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least 4 years professional experience and a proven track record of excellence in administrative and logistical support;
- High level of organizational and logistical skills and extremely detail-oriented;
- Proactive self-starter with a strong ability to anticipate logistical needs, quickly resolve issues or conflicts and to think ahead to meet the needs of staff for successful results;
- Ability to track multiple projects, execute on complex and detailed logistics and manage workflows of a team towards a deadline;
- Ability to be responsive to and juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment, manage last-minute changes, and remain calm and focused;
- Strong written and oral communication skills for executive level logistics management, with proclivity for discretion and tact as well as prompt and detail-oriented follow up;
- Ability to oversee, coordinate, and execute projects with a high level of accuracy;
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple tasks and to prioritize requests from several staff;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point) and Adobe software programs;
- Excellent writing, proofreading and clerical skills;
- Interest in the non-profit sector, environmental issues, and economics and policy preferred.
New York, NY
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, EDF is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Environmental Defense Fund is an Equal Opportunity EmployerApply