Responsibilities and tasks
- Analyse user requirement, and design and develop geospatial application to meet user demand.
- Design and develop responsive and user-friendly UI design of the web mapping application.
- Develop web mapping application including both front-end and back-end components.
- Develop, where necessary, server side geoprocessing services to carry out on-the-fly spatial analysis and present result in the form of maps, charts, tables, etc.
- Develop automation tools where necessary to carry out ETL jobs.
- Create regular versioning and backups of the codes using version control programmes like Git.
- Prepare technical documents of the applications developed.
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science/Geo Informatics with a minimum three years of experience.
- Good programming skills in C#/Python, etc., and good web development experience in C# ASP.NET or Django.
- Good experience in designing and developing spatial and non-spatial databases. Proven skills in working with MS SQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Fluency in English.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Content knowledge: Knowledge on Earth observation and geospatial information applications.
- Report writing: Ability to contribute to the preparation and consolidation of reports and publications.
- Management and coordination: Ability to work independently to design and develop geospatial applications.
- Result and impact orientation: Proactively generates concrete results.
- Networking and stakeholder management: Maintains existing networks with strategic institutions, and effectively communicates with stakeholders.
- Teamwork and cooperation: Ability to work smoothly and effectively with others in intercultural teams to establish constructive ideas or solutions that meet the team objective.
- Continuous improvement and innovation: Ability to easily adapt to changing contexts, technologies and approaches, and when necessary, make improvements in their own work area.
- Impactful communication: Demonstrates active listening skills and is able to explain and discuss complex ideas.
Gender and Equity Policy
Qualified and eligible women candidates and those from disadvantaged backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. ICIMOD implements a gender fair policy and is supportive of working women. It operates a Day-Care Centre at the campus and is committed to gender mainstreaming at the organisational and programmatic levels.
Method of application
Applicants are requested to apply online before 29 Mar 2018 through ICIMOD’s online application system.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.