Responsibilities and tasks
- Coordinate, plan, and implement field data collection activities to support analysis, classification, and validation of geospatial and remote sensing data.
- Field survey using unmanned aerial vehicles, GPS, and other instruments.
- Use of mobile devices and application for gathering geospatial data from the field.
- Quality assessment, improvement, and cleaning of field data.
- Post processing of data collected by GPS, UAV and LIDAR instruments.
- Develop an application programme for automating the collection, downloading, and post-processing of collected data using various instruments.
- Develop workflows and automated processing scripts to integrate remote sensing data and products with other datasets from multiple sources.
- Help prepare documentation, including reports and methods of analysis.
- Develop training programme to provide formal and on-the-job training to users on field data collection for geospatial analysis and image processing.
- MSc in Geoinformatics, civil engineering, or related subjects with at least three years of relevant work experience.
- Proven experience of using GPS, DGPS, UAV, and other field instruments for collecting spatial data.
- Experience managing UAV field survey including preparation, UAV flight control, and post processing.
- Experience processing LIDAR data.
- Experience with remote sensing and GIS software/platforms.
- Experience in developing scripts for automatic collection and data processing.
- Content knowledge: Knowledge of geospatial field data collection instruments.
- Report writing: Ability to contribute to the preparation and consolidation of reports and publications.
- Management and coordination: Ability to work independently for planning and management of field survey missions.
- Result and impact orientation: Ability to proactively generate concrete results
- Teamwork and cooperation: Ability to work smoothly and effectively with others in intercultural teams to establish constructive ideas or solutions that meet the team objectives.
- Continuous improvement and innovation: Ability to easily adapt to changing contexts, technologies and approaches when necessary, and make improvements in their own work area.
- Networking and stakeholder management: Ability to maintain existing networks with strategic institutions, and effectively communicate with stakeholders.
- Impactful communication: Demonstrates active listening skills and is able to explain and discuss complex ideas.
Gender and Equity Policy
Qualified and eligible women candidates and those from disadvantaged backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. ICIMOD implements a gender fair policy and is supportive of working women. It operates a Day-Care Centre at the campus and is committed to gender mainstreaming at the organisational and programmatic levels.
Method of application
Applicants are requested to apply online before 29 Mar 2018 through ICIMOD’s online application system.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.