Rivers Team Manager
Staffordshire Wildlife Trust is seeking an inspirational, ambitious team leader to lead our rivers and wetlands team, and to oversee the delivery of existing projects and developing new projects.
Pay Band – Manager : £25,500-£32,639 (dependant on experience)
Full time, permanent, 35 hrs per week
This is a new, permanent post within Staffordshire Wildlife Trust and is an exciting opportunity to lead and shape the work of our rivers team.The post holder is the lead person responsible for co-ordinating our partnership work across our wetland priorities and in line with the Trust’s Development Plan.
Reporting to the Head of Conservation Delivery the post-holder will be part of the senior staff within the conservation team and take an active role in inputting to and delivering the conservation direction and strategies of the Trust.
The post-holder will be responsible for:
- managing and inspiring a team of people, to ensure an effective and motivated team;
- co-ordinating the activities across the Trust’s Rivers Team;
- exploring opportunities to develop new projects, ensuring these deliver wildlife gains in line with Trust priorities;
- For an initial period, the post-holder will be responsible for co-ordinating the ERDF funded programme of works outlined below.
The job will suit somebody with:
- A desire to deliver real benefits to wildlife and habitats in Staffordshire
- Excellent people management and leadership skills
- A relevant higher level qualification in conservation, rural land management or ecological based subjects.
- Significant experience working within the conservation sector and experience of co-ordinating wetland/rivers related projects.
- Experience in delivering partnership based collaborative projects.
The post is part funded (14 hours per week) through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) until 2020. The ERDF ‘Sunrise’ Project is an exciting, high profile major programme of works to link, buffer, restore and recreate wildlife habitats across the project area of Stoke and Newcastle-under-Lyme. The post holder will therefore take on the programme manager role for this project on behalf of a wider partnership for this period.
For an informal chat please contact Helen Dale on 01889 880112, or for an application pack please contact us at [email protected].
Salary & Benefits: Key benefits include: 10% pension, 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays and concessionary leave between Christmas and New Year.
Closing date: Tuesday 27th March 2018
Interview: w/c 9th or 16th April 2018