Water Resources Scientist/Engineer
The Interstate Commission on the Potomac River Basin (ICPRB) seeks an enthusiastic, detail-orientated scientist or engineer for a full-time position in its water resources program. Typical projects in this program area include TMDL development and implementation, water demand and supply forecasting, and scientific research. This is an exciting opportunity to apply diverse technical and participatory skills in a large river basin context.
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Demonstrated understanding of applied surface water and groundwater resources principles and concepts related to water supply, water quality, source water protection, hydrology, and/or hydrogeology;
- Experience with hydrologic modeling including HSPF, SWAT, MODFLOW or similar;
- Applied understanding of water resources statistics;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Access, GIS, and R;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical audiences, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff at ICPRB and at other agencies and organizations; and
- Demonstrated commitment to environmental stewardship and collaborative management of resources.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits are included.
Preferred education and experience: Master of Science degree and at least 2-3 years of experience in water resources, hydrology, or related field.
ICPRB is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to maintain a diverse workforce. ICPRB is located in Rockville, Maryland.
Please send an electronic copy of cover letter and resume to [email protected] by 5:00 PM on April 9, 2018. No phone calls, please.