The Division of Health and Environment (DHE) is a trusted advisor to our clients in providing innovative, evidence-driven solutions that contribute to a healthier environment and the health and safety of individuals, families, and communities. We are market leaders in providing policy and regulatory support; advancing public health and clinical epidemiology; providing environmental science, natural resource management, and ecosystem restoration; shaping healthcare policy and health services delivery; responding to mental health and substance use disorders; and studying the criminal justice system. The underpinning of our work is a research-to-practice framework, through which we engage in activities from research to program implementation. DHE provides a dynamic and collaborative work environment to our employees that fosters professional growth and promotes a culture of innovation, thought leadership, technical excellence, and collaboration.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Associate to support the Division of Health and Environment.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Associates lead and coordinate components of large projects or series of smaller projects with responsibility for budget management, project deliverables, client relations, and staff supervision. Set priorities to ensure the completion of projects in an accurate, timely and cost efficient manner. Scientists lead and coordinate complex scientific/technical components of large projects or series of smaller projects with responsibility for the application of advanced methods and techniques in a particular field of specialization.
- Associates make significant contributions to sales and proposal efforts in accordance to the Area’s business development plan by either obtaining repeat business from current clients or acquiring new clients. Coordinate and review the contributions of less senior staff and troubleshoot problems or questions throughout the proposal process. Scientists make significant technical contributions to sales and proposal efforts in accordance to the Area’s business development plan by taking the lead on preparing technical portions of proposals. Coordinate and review the work of less senior staff and troubleshoot questions and problems.
- Associates review the work and provide technical guidance to less senior staff. Serve as a resource capable of applying advanced techniques, concepts, and methods related to a particular field of specialization. Scientists serve as a scientific/technical resource in a particular field of specialization and supervise less senior staff in application of quantitative and qualitative analysis, techniques, and methods.
- Collaborate with applications programming staff to design and develop questionnaires, instruments, and databases for data collection.
- Exercise initiative and lead the preparation and review of project reports and findings. Review applications, data sets and models for anomalies to ensure accuracy.
- Identify and recruit substantive peers and actively participate in the development of less senior staff.
- Establish an industry presence as a subject-matter expert by publishing in peer-reviewed journals and/or by presenting at annual conferences and meetings.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Must have proven technical expertise, experience in business development, client relationship management and supervision/staff development.
- MA/MBA with 7 – 10 years of experience OR PhD with 4 – 6 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.