- Support the INE / WSA specialists in the collection of information, construction and review of databases that serve as inputs for the preparation of research studies on water, sanitation, solid waste, urban drainage and water resources.
- Provide inputs to the INE / WSA Specialists for the design and implementation of educational campaigns that promote the change of behavior in the use of water and sanitation.
- Support the INE / WSA Specialists and the EXR Communication Specialist for INE / WSA in the planning and execution of communication activities such as events, press releases, among others.
- Support the INE / WSA Specialists in the preparation and execution of Technical Cooperation to obtain lessons learned and good practices, and disseminate them among countries, especially those related to public policies.
- Support the INE / WSA Specialists in the preparation of guides, tools, technical notes and sectoral strategies.
- Support the INE / WSA Specialists in the preparation, execution and closing of investment grants and investment loans, providing inputs for the preparation of the documents required by the Bank.
- Other activities as agreed with the internship supervisor.
- Candidates with more than 3 applications will be automatically disqualified.
- A citizen of one of the Bank’s member countries.
- Graduation date cannot be prior to August 15th of 2018.
- Has not reached age 25 by January 1st, of 2018 (Age requirement under the Diversity Initiative is 27).
- Candidates hired in the past or currently working under any employment program of the IDB do not qualify.
- An undergraduate student who is currently on the third year or above of his/her bachelor’s degree or equivalent program, in areas related to hydraulics, hydrology, water quality, environmental engineering or related fields, in an accredited university.
- Proficient in at least one of the official languages of the Bank (English, Spanish, Portuguese, and French), preferably with a working knowledge of a second one.
- Team player, innovative and creative, client-oriented, results-driven, with strong communication skills.
- Technical skills: proficiency in Microsoft Suite, qGIS, programming on R, Matlab
- Category and modality: Temporary Term Contractual, Internship.
- Contract duration: Two months. June 16th, 2018 to August 15th, 2018.
- Place(s) of work: IDB Headquarters in Washington DC, U.S.A.
- Responsible person: INE/WSA Lead Specialist
Payment and Conditions: Interns receive a stipend of an amount determined annually.
Selected candidates are responsible for the costs associated with their relocation to/from the Bank’s Headquarters in Washington, DC, as well as for providing proof of medical coverage for the duration of the internship.
Visa and Work Permit: The Bank, pursuant to applicable policies, may submit a visa request to the applicable immigration authorities; however, the granting of the visa is at the discretion of the immigration authorities. Notwithstanding, it is the responsibility of the candidate to obtain the necessary visa or work permits required by the authorities of the country(ies) in which the services will be rendered to the Bank. If a candidate cannot obtain a visa or work permit to render services to the Bank the contractual offer will be rescinded
Consanguinity and Affinity: Pursuant to applicable Bank regulations, candidates with relatives (including the fourth degree of consanguinity and the second degree of affinity, including spouse) working for the Bank or the IDB Invest as staff members or Complementary Workforce, will not be eligible to provide services for the Bank.
Diversity: The Bank is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities to all candidates. We embrace diversity on the basis of gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and HIV/AIDs status. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.