Position: Water & Health Program Officer- Turkana Central
Reporting to: Area Project Coordinator with Additional Reporting to Health & Water Pillar Manager.
Purpose: For Successful implementation of Health & Water Projects in the communities to achieve sustainable access to safe water, improved sanitation and proper hygiene practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct community consultation, mobilization and sensitization campaigns on implementation of new & existing water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH) activities.
- Provide technical support during implementation, monitoring and evaluation and ensure program excellence in implementation of WASH projects.
- Coordinate training for communities in water, sanitation & hygiene practices
- Support Water Users Association(s) in the operation and management of community water supply systems.
- Facilitate training and capacity building activities aimed at equipping and strengthening communities with knowledge and tools on health, sanitation and hygiene and promoting behavior change.
Facilitate training and triggering of target communities on community led total sanitation.
Provide and participate in development of fundraising strategies for WASH projects
Provide technical review to tender documents for water and sanitation construction projects and participate in preparing water contracts.
Coordinate WASH collaboration & networks with the Ministry of Water, Public Health & other relevant partners.
Development of proposal/ concept papers
Prepare monitoring reports of water, sanitation & hygiene projects
Establishing / fostering relevant partnerships with NGO’s
· Degree in Degree in Public or Environmental Health
· At least three (3) years working experience in community based Water Sanitation and Hygiene interventions.
· Good assessment, analytical and writing skills.
· Good working experience in Community led development projects / programs.
· Experience in community training using participatory adult learning methodologies.
· Experience in sanitation & hygiene promotion training methodologies (CLTS, SLTS, PHASE)
· Self-reliance and an ability to work in a challenging and demanding environment · Experience in rural/community water supply systems and technology desirable
Excellent computer skills.
· Strong project management skills and ability to present concise reports, sometimes at short notice, reflecting problems and possible solutions for particular WASH situations.
· Familiarity with current standards and guidelines for humanitarian emergency response, including the Sphere Handbook criteria.
· Good experience and knowledge on Child Protection policies.
Current Certificate of good conduct/Police Clearance
If you meet the requirements mentioned above please send your application and detailed CV to [email protected] by 22nd July 2016 , Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Feed the Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to Child Protection Policies