The primary role of the Finance Department is to develop, manage and follow up SIWI’s finance and budget operations. As the CFO, you are also coordinating project planning as well as developing and maintaining partnerships with sponsors and corporates. Your role as CFO and head of the Finance Department is vital to SIWI’s future success.
Today the Finance Department consists of six persons (finance manager, two accounting clerks, project controller, project and planning office and external relations manager). You will report directly to the Executive Director and be part of the Senior Management Team at SIWI.
SIWI Management Functions
- Participate in SIWI Board and Executive Committee meetings.
- Prepare and present finance and budget matters to the Board.
- Execute Board decisions by delegation from Executive Director.
- Represent SIWI externally to a number of key donors and partners within areas of responsibility.
Finance and Budget
- Lead and manage SIWI´s finance operations.
- Regular follow-up of SIWI’s budget.
- Manage SIWI’s accounting and reporting.
- Co-sign agreements in accordance with delegation of authority.
- Management of SIWI’s current assets.
- Responsible for Results Based Management and Outcome Mapping at SIWI.
- Responsible for SIWI Partnership development.
- Lead SIWI’s work with sponsors and partners.
- Responsible for SIWI’s Project Planning instruments and Project Office.
Education and experience
- University degree in Finance/Business Administration.
- At least 7 years’ experience from finance and budget management and leadership.
- Solid finance/budget management background from Swedish organization(s) with international activities, or from international organization(s), public or private sector alike.
- Enthusiastic about the task of managing a regular budget and attracting long term finance to a foundation/NGO to a large extent relying on programme and project funding.
- Advanced management and leadership skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- Previous engagements have provided you with experience from various cultures and international settings.
Excellent communication skills and fluent in Swedish and English.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] by 15 August 2016. Start date 1 October 2016. Further information can be provided by Torgny Holmgren, Executive Director, phone +46 8 1213 6010, and Ulrika Martinius, HR Director, phone +46 8 1213 6023