Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the WASH Specialist (Sanitation & Knowledge management) P4, incumbent will provide professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the WASH programming process. Incumbenr will prepare, manage and implement variety of technical and administrative tasks, related to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the WASH output results of the Ghana Country Programme.
Key Expected Results
Accurate, complete and up-to-date information made available for effective budget preparation, programme and project design, implementation, management and evaluation.
- WASH programme efficiency and effectiveness enhanced through effective implementation follow-on.
- Progress reports and WASH project work plans timely prepared, and effective technical assistance provided in the identification of required supplies and equipment, and in the drafting of Country Programme Recommendation and other project documentation.
- Appropriateness and completeness of financial and supply documentation as well as adherence to established allotments ensured.
- Knowledge sharing with donors and media promoted.
- Effective communication and networking achieved through partnership and collaboration
- Ensure that WASH programming databases are updated on a monthly basis, with inputs from UNICEF Officers and external partners
- Develop monthly summaries (infographics, tables, maps) showing WASH programme progress against targets are developed monthly and circulated to stakeholders
- Ensure data is collected and presented to track WASH team key performance indicators
- Provide Geographic Information System (GIS) technical support to the UNICEF WASH team and partners
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- University (first) degree in public health, social sciences, behavior change communication, sanitary engineering or other specialist field related to WASH is required. Professional qualifications in Geographic Information System (GIS) technologies, programmes and approaches
A minimum of two years of progressive professional work experience in WASH-related programmes in the UN or other International development organization for developing countries. Strong experience is required in managing WASH programming database, programme tracking of performance indicators and use of latest GIS technology.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
Oral and written proficiency in English and local language of the duty station is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.Technical Requirement
- Rural water supply for low- and middle-income countries – including water safety, sustainability
- Rural sanitation for low- and middle-income countries, incl sustainability; applying CATS principles
- Urban sanitation for low- and middle-income countries, incl sustainability
- Handwashing with soap
- WASH-in-Schools and Health Centres
- Menstrual hygiene management
- National government WASH policies, plans and strategies
- Analysis of national budgets and expenditure for basic WASH, and related advocacy
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and inclusion
- Working with people
- Drive for results
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Learning and Researching
- Planning and Organizing
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Opening Date Wed Mar 07 2018 08:00:00 GMT+0100 (CET) Greenwich Standard Time
Closing Date Thu Mar 22 2018 00:55:00 GMT+0100 (CET)