Project Assistant (WASH)
Objective 1: Implementation of environmental sanitation program
- Ensure community sensitization on safe water handling and practices.
- Verify that all reports and data submitted to NRC by Hygiene Promoters are accurate and complete.
- Ensure program is meetings pre-set objectives
- Stay updated on program schedule and objectives
- Assist in recruitment and training of Hygiene Promoters for settlements where NRC executes its WASH programs.
- Ensure all material and equipment orders are placed on time
- Ensure that tools and equipment are regularly maintained and are in good working condition.
- Review monthly stock reports to keep track of consumable material use and advise supervisor on any orders that will need to be made (equipment or consumable materials)
- Raise awareness and build capacity of both refugee and host community in adhering to NRC, UNHCR and other relevant international humanitarian standards such as Sphere and WHO.
Objective 2: Implementation of community based management committee trainings
- Ensure all community based management committees are adequately trained according to NRC guidelines
- Ensure all trainings are adequately documented (e.g. names of trainees)
- Assist in formation and training of Water Source and Sanitation Committees (WSSCs) for all new water points constructed or rehabilitated by NRC.
- Assist in the formation and training of school health clubs in schools where NRC operates.
- To assist in the formation and training of Sanitation Committees (SCs) for all new institutional latrines constructed or rehabilitated by NRC.
- To ensure the construction of soak pits and bamboo fencing by beneficiary communities at newly constructed or rehabilitated boreholes.
Objective 3: Assist with the design and implementation of field assessments
- Assist the Project Officer with the design and conduct all baseline assessments, KAP surveys, and follow-up assessments
- Ensure that all assessment data is kept organized in an accessible manner
- Make recommendations for hardware activity locations based on assessment results
- Assist the Project Officer with written reports for all assessment activities for submission to PM
Objective 4: Document all work and experiences including writting weekly reports
Objective 5: Contribute to program design and planning
- Assist the Project Officer with draft weekly plan in coordination with all teams for submission to PM
- Assist the Project Officer with written draft monthly plan in coordination with all teams for submission to PM
- Identify and request appropriate hygiene/health promotion materials and equipment (NFI such as jerry cans, buckets, tanks, etc.) required for the project.
- Help organize regular monitoring and evaluation exercises to ensure high quality of work
- Contribute to proposal writing, as needed
Objective 6: Represent NRC externally
- Diploma of Environmental Health or any other related field
- A minimum of 4 years Proven practical experience in the planning and execution of WASH/Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion or Public Health Promotion
- Experience in a humanitarian (emergency) and development WASH programme preferably with an INGO
- Proven ability to use MS Office software (especially Word and Excel) is essential
- Other subjects
- Vocational upper secondary school
- Ability to initiate, develop, plan and implement an integrated programme
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information
- Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment and manage conflicting priorities.
Duty Station: Palorinya Moyo
Salary: As per Nrc Salary Structure
- Travel: No travelling required