Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead in responding to bursts and leakages in the entire pipeline system
- Supervising laying of pipes and repair of the water reticulation system
- Provide technical support to the tap stand monitors and WASH committees in the daily operation and on O&M.
- Provide technical assistance in installation and retrieval of submersible pumps
- Leads the repair team in pressure regulation for equitable potable water distribution in the reticulation system, in line with the set water regime and SPHERE / UNHCR standards
- In collaboration with the WASH Project Assistant and WASH committees work out practical ways of ensuring equitable distribution of water in the camp.
- Capacity build the pipeline repair team in undertaking all the plumbing works
- Supporting the WASH Project Officer in procurement of the necessary fittings, working tools and appurtenances for the repair of the water reticulation system.
- Being the custodian of all the tools and ensuring they are well maintained.
- On daily and weekly basis record and report to supervisor the work done in the field
- Provide a record of all repairs and burst attended during the week for documentation
- Inspect and certify any pipe repair work done by refugees’ plumbers before backfilling the soil to ensure quality workmanship is maintained.
- Supervise the repair team member and ensure they are allocated enough work for the day
- Work together with WASH committees, community leadership in the field in identification of problematic areas water reticulation systems with a view of providing a sustainable solution.
- Collaborate with other agencies staff in the field e.g. LWF,IOM, UNHCR etc during inter agencies meetings and field discussions.
- Any other assignment as may be required by the WASH Officer or WASH Coordinator
- Diploma in Water Engineering from a recognized and accredited post-secondary technical institution.
- A minimum of four years proven experience installing GS, PPR,PE and uPVC water pipes in Community based water project with evidence of successful implementation of similar projects
- Emergency experience would be highly desirable.
- Proficiency in MS Office software.
- Experience in capacity building and training of staff and target groups
- Political and cultural awareness and experience of working where insecurity is a major issue
- Engineering sciences & technology
- Vocational upper secondary school
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information
- Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment and manage conflicting priorities.
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of disadvantaged populations (minority groups etc)
- Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and diversity issues into WASH Programming.
We offerDuty Station: Palorinya Moyo
Salary: As per Nrc Salary Structure
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected