WSP, an award‑winning and innovative multi‑disciplinary engineering consulting firm, seeks a Senior Water Resources Engineer with strong project management, analytical and design skills to join our Water and Environmental Division in New York City. Joining WSP gives you the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging, transformative water and environmental projects in the U.S. and abroad. The position offers great potential for professional growth in a stimulating work environment and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to water projects.
Typical projects involve advanced hydrologic and hydraulic studies, floodplain management and watershed planning projects, drainage and erosion control, stormwater BMP design including green infrastructures, river restoration, resiliency and climate change adaptation projects, and design of flood mitigation projects including dams, levees, floodwalls etc.
- Candidate will serve as Senior Water Resources Engineering and Project Manager on variety of projects.
- Produce hydrologic and hydraulic studies including stormwater modeling, steady state and dynamic river modeling, conveyance system modeling, flood resilience planning and design, and sediment transport and scour analysis.
- Communicate with clients, establish goals and objectives for project teams, and scheduling and coordinating resources to deliver projects on time, within budget, and to the performance expectations of the client.
- Supporting proposal development on a variety of water related as well as interdisciplinary projects and attending conferences and seminars.
- Use the following software: ArcGIS, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, FLOW3D, PCSWMM, HydroCAD AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Apply regulatory knowledge with NYSDEC, FEMA, USACE, NYSDOT, USDOT and FHWA.
- Review and supervise hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, modeling and designs performed by in-house staff and by external consultants.
- Domestic and international travel, when necessary
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in civil engineering, environmental engineering, or related field.
5+ years of experience in water resources engineering, design and modeling. Preferably with at least 3 years of related experience in the New York Region.
PE License in New York or ability to obtain within 6 months. PE license for New Jersey a plus.
Must function independently with minimal supervision in a multi-disciplinary team setting.
Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
High competency levels in multiple disciplines including hydrology, hydraulics, master planning, feasibility studies, stormwater design, steady state and dynamic modeling, conveyance systems design, hydraulic structures, pump stations, watershed assessment, and stream restoration.
Experience Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) modeling preferred