Water Planning (Coastal), Water Policy, Policy Division, Brisbane City
Operating from within Water Policy, you will be involved in the development of innovative management solutions and policy for the development of Water Resource Plans and Resource Operations Plans and other policy relating to the efficient and sustainable management of Queensland’s water resources.
Position status: Permanent
Position type: Full-time
Occupational group: Policy & Planning
Workplace Location: Brisbane Inner City
Yearly salary: $91,555 – $98,635
Fortnightly salary: $3,509.30 – $3,780.70
• Support and assist in the formulation of practical and innovative water allocation and management policies, methodologies and programs.
• Coordinate and contribute to the development of solutions to support the implementation of State water allocation and management policies, by applying and consolidating experience from a diverse range of professional and scientific disciplines including water resource management, hydrology, riparian and aquatic biology, catchment management, riverine morphology, economics and sociology.
• Provide technical expertise and specialist policy advice to Departmental staff, and senior management on water allocation and management policy issues of state-wide and national strategic significance.
• Assist in the coordination of multi-disciplinary project teams and specialist task groups (including external consultants) in the formulation, development and implementation of natural resource management policy to achieve desired results within budget and on schedule.
• Participate in consultations on complex water allocation issues with government departments, industry organisations, stakeholders and the community.
• Prepare and provide input into the development of discussions papers, cabinet submissions, media publications and other policy documentation as required to support, progress and communicate state and national policy initiatives and their implications.
• Prepare specifications and manage contracts for the provision of consulting services covering a range of specialist disciplines including hydrology, ecology, social/economic studies and information technology.
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.