The Climate Action Secretariat has a mandate to ensure an innovative, coordinated and effective approach to climate action in British Columbia. The Climate Risk Management business unit is responsible for developing policies and programs addressing the physical, social and economic impacts of climate change. Climate Risk Management provides strategic advice to government on climate science and provides guidance to academic institutions regarding applied research needs. The section coordinates adaptation related activities across provincial government agencies.
As the Senior Policy Analyst you will work collaboratively with other orders of government, research institutions, non-governmental organizations, and professional and industry associations to achieve provincial goals related to adaptation.
With an understanding of climate change, related legislation in British Columbia and behavior change, you think long-term and have experience planning and implementing complex programs. In addition, you can manage and implement provincial adaption projects, design and define climate change assessment and extension projects, and provide adaption extension and outreach. An effective communicator, you are experienced in leading teams and working collaboratively with partners across organizational boundaries. You establish and maintain effective partnerships within and outside of government, in order to develop and deliver effective adaptation projects. Detailed focused, you hold yourself accountable and are committed to excellence. If you have a passion for your work and strive to make a difference, we encourage your application.
For complete details about this opportunity, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact [email protected] DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. If you experience technical difficulties submitting your online profile, or for more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the “HOW TO APPLY” section below.
In addition to this exciting opportunity in BC’s capital city, the BC Public Service is an award winning employer, earning such accolades as being one of BC’s Top Employers, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, and one of Canada’s Top Family-Friendly Employers. The BC Public Service offers a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits, including one of the best pension plans available, and a variety of opportunities for career learning and development. To find out more, explore What the BC Public Service offers You
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
To be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- A university degree of recognized standing in natural or social sciences and 3 years of experience.
- Experience in the development of legislation, regulation and policy or programs.
- Experience in planning and coordinating complex projects/assignments.
- Experience in concisely and persuasively writing a range of documents/content.
- Preference may be given education or experience related to the position, including graduate level research, or professional experience developing or implementing programs, plans, policies, measures, or recommendations to address the impacts of climate variability and change on the natural environment and human society.
- Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
- Cover letter
- Online Questionnaire
- IMPORTANT: The online questionnaire cannot be saved and will time out after 60 minutes. You will need to complete the questionnaire and submit your application within 60 minutes or you will lose any information you have entered. If you require more time to prepare your responses, copy the questions and prepare your responses outside of the system and paste them into the online questionnaire when you are ready to apply. Further instructions are provided in the questionnaire and are also available on the Apply for a Position page on MyHR.