Outreach & Engagement Coordinator
AWS is a global membership-based collaboration that connects organizations dedicated to promoting responsible use of freshwater.
As Outreach and Engagement Coordinator you will build participation in the AWS System and increase the visibility of AWS activity to members, partners, stakeholders and potential collaborators. Reporting to the Director of Outreach and Engagement you will help to secure the opportunities and resources needed to develop the organisation and to successfully implement the global strategy. A part of AWS International, the Outreach & Engagement team’s role is to facilitate the successful execution of the AWS business model, which comprises four segments – membership; funded partnerships; brand; knowledge and expertise. The Outreach & Engagement team bears principal responsibility for the membership and funded partnerships segments and is a lead collaborator in the brand and knowledge and expertise segments.
The position will be either home based or located at our small office in the east of Scotland.
WHO YOU ARE
- You will infuse your passion for sustainability into our organization and how we work, and be instrumental in our promotion of the responsible use of freshwater.
- You will quickly understand the ambitions of the AWS, the business model and the team and take ownership of your role to help us achieve and extend beyond these goals.
- You will work collaboratively across multiple time zones with international staff, regional partners, local networks, members and partners to grow the AWS System.
- You will ensure we can demonstrate the value and impact of water stewardship in a way that is compelling and inspires confidence.
- You will ensure our work is considered ‘best in class’
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Experience in communications and / or fundraising within global organizations or networks (experience within ISEAL member standards would be considered an asset)
- Solid understanding of approaches to sustainability and natural resource or environmental management (experience in water management would carry additional weight)
- Proven ability to deliver impact with minimal supervision in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Ability to communicate complex technical, or politically sensitive information to diverse audiences in simple and engaging terms
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- High level of competency in Microsoft Office
- The ability to travel internationally as required for the role – minimal though occasional
HOW TO APPLY
If you think you might be right for this job, please send an email marked “VACANCY: OUTREACH & ENGAGEMENT” to . Your email should include the following attachments:
- A covering letter explaining why you are interested in the position and demonstrating how you meet the person specification
- Your current CV with email addresses and telephone numbers of two referees
- At least two examples of communications materials which you have authored.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Unfortunately, we cannot provide feedback to unsuccessful candidates.