Head of Knowledge and Learning
AWS is a global membership-based collaboration that connects organizations dedicated to promoting responsible use of freshwater.
As Head of Knowledge and Learning, you will be responsible for furthering our ambition that the AWS System is rooted in learning and continual improvement, and that AWS is recognized as the global knowledge hub for water stewardship. The Head of Knowledge and Learning will have responsibilities for designing and establishing knowledge management and impact monitoring systems consistently across the AWS network.
The position will be either home based or located at our small office in the east of Scotland.
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will infuse your passion for sustainability into our organization and how we work, and be instrumental in our promotion of the responsible use of freshwater.Y
You will quickly understand the knowledge and learning ambitions of AWS and guide the organization and network on how to achieve these ambitions. You will work closely with regional partners, local water stewardship networks and international staff to shape our strategic approach to knowledge and learning across the AWS System. You will lead on the design, development and implementation of knowledge management systems for AWS.
You will ensure we can demonstrate the value and impact of water stewardship to partners, members and other stakeholders in a way that is compelling and inspires confidence. You will develop a robust evidence base for AWS water stewardship, ensuring that this evidence resonates with diverse sectors and geographies. You will work closely with the communications teams from AWS and regional partners to ensure compelling evidence results in greater participation, learning and improvements
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- At least eight years’ experience working on knowledge management within global organizations or networks (experience within ISEAL member standards would be considered an asset)
- Experience developing knowledge management strategies and systems
- Experience in programme management, design, monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting
- Solid understanding of approaches to sustainability and natural resource or environmental management (experience in water management would carry additional weight)
- An understanding of multi-stakeholder stewardship systems (previous experience working with multi-stakeholder systems would carry additional weight)
- Proven ability to lead teams and deliver impact, with minimal supervision in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Ability to communicate complex technical, or politically sensitive information to diverse audiences in simple and engaging terms
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- High level of competency in Microsoft Office
- The ability to travel internationally as required for the role
HOW TO APPLY
If you think you might be right for this job, please send an email marked “VACANCY: KNOWLEDGE & LEARNING” to by Friday 23rd March. Your email should include the following attachments:
- A covering letter explaining why you are interested in the position and demonstrating how you meet the person specification
- Your current CV with email addresses and telephone numbers of two referees
- At least two examples of publications or reports which you have authored.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Unfortunately, we cannot provide feedback to unsuccessful candidates.