WASH Capacity Assessment consultancy for Vanuatu
How can you make a difference?
The Vanuatu Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) program received funds to undertake a Capacity and Training Needs Assessment and develop a Human Resource Development Plan and Capacity Building Workplan for the Department of Water Resources (DoWR) supported by the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT). In collaboration with the Government of Vanuatu it was agreed to undertake a more holistic approach for the assessment and look at all areas of WASH, such as WASH in Schools with the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) and Hygiene & Sanitation and Household Water Treatment with the Ministry of Health (MoH) with supplementary financing from UNICEF.
Scope of Work/ Work Assignments:
- Undertake a capacity and training needs assessment of DoWR, MoET and MoH staff involved in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene WASH related activities;
- Develop a Human Resource Development Plan (2018-2021) for DoWR, MoET and MoH at national and provincial level, that confirms and prioritises the training needs to effectively deliver the Government of Vanuatu Department of Water Supply National Implementation Plan, WASH in Schools and Hygiene & Sanitation Policy; and
- Establish a workplan for relevant staff capacity building for 2018 & 2019.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Earned an advanced university degree (Masters or higher) in a field relevant to WASH, adult education or development assistance.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience in international development.
- Assessed the capacity of government, stakeholders and educational organizations related to WASH.
- Worked on Water, Sanitation, Hygiene, WASH in schools, and/or menstrual hygiene management.
- Worked within the Pacific region or with exposure to small island country contexts.
- Written: high quality reports in English / Spoken: English, Bislama and/or French.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.