It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working within the Programmes team, you will:
- Support programme implementation team in developing project monitoring plans (PMPs) that detail out M&E requirements for a project against set indicators
- Coordinate the design and implementation of baseline surveys, KAP surveys and other field assessment exercises
- Make regular monitoring visits to project sites to conduct spot checks in order to validate and verify data collected by the partners
- Assist the Manager PQ&F to organise and facilitate regular programme reviews, including Programme Performance Reviews (PPRs) in line with PMER Core Procedures
- Maintain effective liaison with WaterAid’s South Asia Regional Team (SART) and participate actively in programme planning process, proposal development and budgeting of the programme quality and fundraising unit
- Support PQF&C team in developing the annual and six monthly organisational reports.
- Support PQF&C team in dealing with any other tasks as may be required to be supported by her/ him
To be successful, you’ll need to have:
- Masters degree in a development related discipline or social sciences or any other related fields
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of development projects including WASH related projects
- Excellent computer skills especially in operating MS Excel and other related software
- Good understanding of country context and field realities
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Urdu languages. Knowledge and understanding of Sindhi and Siraiki is desirable.
- Experience in using quantitative and qualitative tools for carrying out monitoring and evaluation of WASH projects
Find more information on the job description attached.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, send your application, consisting of a letter of interest and a CV to the following address: [email protected]
We started because no NGO like us existed. We’ll end when no organisation like us is needed. In the meantime, we’re making great progress – since 1981, we have reached 25 million people with clean water and, since 2004, 24 million people with sanitation.
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
Please note: to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Pakistan.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted.