MSH seeks a WASH expert, particularly with experience in sanitation, to assist in overseeing activities on USAID funded bilateral projects.
This consultancy will be for 90 days over six months (mid-March through mid-September).
The consultant will provide technical review for fine-tuning our approaches, activities, and monitoring and evaluation of the WASH component of the Activity, as well as identifying innovations in WASH, including timely achievement of milestones and targets. S/he will also assist in the quality review of key deliverables.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in public health, social sciences, or relevant area (Civil engineering or similar technical background will be beneficial)
- Experience in the improvement of facility-based WASH that links technically appropriate construction and renovation improvements with behavior change and other infection prevention interventions in health facilities
- 8-10 years of experience in WASH, especially in developing countries; relevant experience includes expertise in appropriate sanitation in rural and urban areas, as well as the provision of bulk water supply in urban/semi-urban areas (both rehabilitation and expansion in new urban, peri-urban developments, and water supply in rural areas,
- Fluency in USAID WASH priorities, environmental regulations, best practices, evidence-based strategies for improving access to water and sanitation services
- Knowledge of the African context required, knowledge of southern Africa highly desired
- Travel may be required
Technical Support Lead