As part of a globally operating network comprised of 140 country offices, ADRA helps millions of people every year, independent of their political or religious position. Guided by the principle of “help to self-help“, ADRA assists them to lead a life of dignity in accordance with human rights.
ADRA works in Northern Greece since March in responding to the refugee crisis and offers service in following sectors: Shelter, WASH, Health, NFI, PSS and Protection. ADRA is now looking for a WASH manager for its response in Northern Greece.
Tasks and Assignments
· Provide WASH expertise in relevant needs assessments and analysis.
· Plan and manage WASH emergency program in a phased and prioritized manner with full consultation and coordination with ADRA staff and other agencies both government and non-governmental.
· Participate in different WASH meetings and ensure good coordination with WASH partners
· Organize with logistics and finance departments materials and support needed for all activities.
· Design and develop appropriate supervisory, monitoring and evaluation systems for WASH interventions.
· Provide regular updates to the supervisor, team and stakeholders on progress, priorities and constraints.
· Provide and Design materials for Hygiene Awareness Trainings and conducting community mobilization outreach
· Contribute to the development of proposals to secure follow on or expansion funding for the WASH portfolio as per identified needs
· Ensure Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) approach to WASH is consistently applied through community and rights based participatory methods *
*Qualification and Experience
· Degree in Environmental Health, Public Health or Engineering with specialization in water and sanitation systems.
· Proven experience of at least 5 years in the implementation and management of WASH and Shelter programming, preferably in an emergency or early recovery setting
· Experience in international humanitarian work and refugee and/or IDP complex emergencies
· Experience with managing large and multifaceted teams and providing technical guidance and training
· Extensive experience in working on both community water and sanitation as well as hygiene promotion.
· Proven experience in project management, including financial management, human resources, project writing and reporting.
· Excellent computer skills
· Fluency in written and spoken English, Arabic is an asset *
The applicant has to hold a work visa as authorization within the Schengen area or is EU-citizen.
The work environment will be Northern Greece (mostly Katerini) with some travel to other place in Greece (mainly Thessaloniki and Athens).
A competitive salary as well full accommodation in shared apartments will be offered by ADRA. The contract duration will be from now up to end of December, 2016 with possible extension subject to further funding availability.
Please direct the application to [email protected]