ERM is seeking a motivated Junior Environmental Scientist (Bilingual) to join our growing office in Washington, DC or Annapolis, MD. The successful candidate will assist Project Managers on a variety of Environmental, Social & Health Impact Assessment projects to support our sustainable finance sector focus, which includes supporting multilateral and private financial institutions in managing the environmental and social risks of their investment in international development projects. This is an excellent opportunity for an early career professional to join a growing and exciting technical team, as you build a rewarding career path with a global environmental leader.
- Provide technical assistance on environmental assessment (EA) and environmental impact statement (EIS) projects and related activities in support of ERM clients’ domestic and international development projects (i.e., oil and gas, power generation, electrical transmission, renewable/alternative energy, and mining projects). Conduct tasks related to environmental impact assessment, land use planning, facility siting and permitting, risk assessment, and water resources management.
- Perform project delivery activities such as report writing, undertaking and organizing data collection and survey field work, performing data and literature review, developing recommendations for clients, and conducting field work.
- Assist with developing and executing corporate Impact Assessment & Planning systems and strategies.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- BS in engineering, environmental science, biology, or social science; MS preferred. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- 2 to 5 years of consulting experience, including with projects in oil & gas, power/utility or mining sectors.
- Experience assisting clients in obtaining multi-media permits and approvals for new or expanded facilities a plus.
- Experience in Latin American and the Caribbean a plus.
- Bilingual English-Spanish preferred.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated attributes to become a strong consultant – team player, eagerness to learn and grow, self-starter who takes initiative, versatile, and service-oriented mentality.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter below. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a pre-interview OR Video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.