Senior Environmental and Resiliency Planner – New York, NY WSP, an award‑winning and innovative multi‑disciplinary engineering consulting firm, seeks an Environmental and Resiliency Planner with strong analytical and design skills to join our Water and Environmental Division in New York City. The position offers great potential for professional growth in a stimulating work environment and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to environmental, water and resiliency projects. As an environmental and resiliency planner, you will focus on responding to complex issues and concepts for urban and rural environments in a context of climate crisis by combining design, engineering, research and environmental knowledge to produce the best projects for our communities. Typical projects involve stream restoration and revitalization, green infrastructure design and implementation, resiliency and climate adaptation plans, flood mitigation projects, hydrologic analyses, master plans, zoning, NEPA and CEQR/SEQR processes and permitting, Environmental Impact Assessments, asset management programs and public outreach coordination. DETAILED SCOPE OF THE POSITION: -Gather and analyze data, produce high quality reports, assess existing environments, develop design and drawing documents, and prepare permit applications. -Perform, review and supervise work performed by in-house staff and by external consultants. -Communicate with clients and regulators, establish goals and objectives for project teams, and schedule and coordinate resources to deliver projects on time, within budget, and to the performance expectations of the client. -Develop competitive grant proposals and proposals for public/private clients -Develop regulatory compliance documents and permit applications and coordinate environmental investigations of proposed projects. -Domestic and international travel, when necessary.
- Master’s Degree is preferred in Planning, Civil engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in planning and/or engineering for environmental, water, and resiliency and climate adaptation projects. Preferably at least 3 years of related experience in the New York Region.
- Experience is business development, proposal and/or grants.
- Must function independently with minimal supervision in a multi-disciplinary team setting which includes engineers, planners, environmental scientists and draftsmen.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize, take direction, and provide direction to others ensuring the quality of deliverables.
- Proficiency with Geographic Information System (GIS) tools, Illustrator, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop and MS Project.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.