RMS is the world’s leading provider of analytics and decision science solutions for the quantification and management of catastrophe risks. The models and consulting services of RMS are used by hundreds of insurance and reinsurance companies, hedge funds, corporations, and governments to assess a wide-range of natural and man-made perils such as – earthquake, flood, windstorm, terrorism, and disease pandemic. RMS continues to grow and diversify to service and meet the requirement of its clients through research and technology innovation and superior client service. The company’s strength lies in its ability to use and develop the skills of its people across a wide remit of business activities.
The Model Development Department at RMS is responsible for the development of models to assess the risk from natural and man-made catastrophes. A group in Noida works in close collaboration with colleagues in Europe and US, to help quantifying catastrophe risk across all of RMS’s products and services.
Objective of the role
Looking for a skilled engineer as catastrophe risk analyst, or a similar role to be a part of model development team that develops probabilistic flood models. He/ she should have an in-depth understanding of hydrodynamics, hydrology, hydraulics, and a good understanding of the integration of data and models. He/ she should have good problem-solving and communication abilities and adapt to work in a quick-paced and project oriented environment.
- Responsible for understanding, analyzing & developing hydrological models for development of flood hazard model, loss model, calibration and validation
- Communication and interaction with colleagues in global offices
- Responsible for research driven process enhancement initiatives in flood modeling
- Sound knowledge of hydrological and hydraulic processes and modelling
- Command in one or more of the programming languages: Python, R, FORTRAN, MATLAB
- Linux/Shell scripting for data management
- Experience working with large datasets
- Basic knowledge and interest in catastrophe risk insurance industry
- Post Graduate in Water Resource/Hydraulics Engineering/Hydrology with 1 to 2 years’ experience either in research or industry project experience from a reputed institute